Brewer Fanatic

2020-10-01 (NL Wild Card Series): Brewers (Woodruff) at Dodgers (Kershaw) [Brewers lose, 3-0 -- Offensive struggles continue to the very end]

Eye Black
It sucks that Woodruff's 5th inning scuffle that plagued him through a big portion of the season came back. Was hoping he was past that with that gem against the Cardinals last weekend, but alas.

Still, he was a stud tonight. Ton of pressure on him playing behind a pop-gun offense.

He didn't really have a huge scuffle. Bad throw and bad pick attempt kept the inning alive. Two weak swings turned into hits. Then he did give up a hard hit to maybe the best hitter in baseball. It should have been a zero run inning

Agreed.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I've watched him play, he doesn't have a strong arm and that play was another example of it. There are many other problems with his game as well but this one in particular likely cost us a game.

We'd have to score a run for anything to cost us a game.

This offense was painful to watch this year. I won't miss it. Not sure how it's going to get any better but half this offense can go.

That is a good point. I guess I'm still just in disbelief that an offense can be this bad.

Gotta love it when the guy you just signed for $200 million swings at a 57 foot pitch and casually looks over his shoulder to see if the catcher blocked it but doesn't bother running to 1st anyways because at this point, why bother? We're all just in The Truman Show except it's just some alien race that is watching us.

rluzinski, GenoSeligPrieb, TooLiveBrew... who's next?

Quite the reunion, too bad the game is a dud...

It’s like a funeral where you see all your friends and relatives that you haven’t seen in years... a funeral for the the Brewers’ 2020 season.

Gotta love it when the guy you just signed for $200 million swings at a 57 foot pitch and casually looks over his shoulder to see if the catcher blocked it but doesn't bother running to 1st anyways because at this point, why bother? We're all just in The Truman Show except it's just some alien race that is watching us.

Yelich is really pissing me off tonight. No urgency getting the ball back in on the Betts double, doesn't run out a dropped 3rd strike, and then minutes later he's just grinning over in the dugout.

You're the leader of the damn team. If you've checked out, so will everyone else.

We've had rluzinski and splitterpfj posts this week. The old crew coming out of the woodwork.

Need a post from Fatter than Joey and two live brew.

Wow!

Alright, this is my 'Rally from down 3 to win' post!

TooLiveBrew! You’ve been missed.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

If I was a starting pitcher I would get thrown out every time after I'm taken out even if I have no particular reason to be angry. Just say whatever you want, give the ump the finger, take your 3 game suspension from MLB and be back and ready to pitch on the 5th day.

That pitch that Woodruff wanted was a ball but I can’t blame him for being angry. Kershaw has been getting borderline pitches all night.

Yeah, agreed. That would piss me off too. It was indeed a ball, but it's a call Kershaw has been getting.

Time to revamp this swing Yeli. That was gross

wOOgiE22! After a six-year hiatus!

Can’t believe it’s been that long! Been lurking for years and decided to make an appearance since everyone else was. Surprised I figured out my password.

Well I've watched him play, he doesn't have a strong arm and that play was another example of it. There are many other problems with his game as well but this one in particular likely cost us a game.

Maybe check again...

Link #1

Link #2

Lol, and neither of them got there on the fly, and only one resulted in an out. Boy if those are the highlights, I'd hate to see the blooper real

Community Moderator
rluzinski, GenoSeligPrieb, TooLiveBrew... who's next?

Quite the reunion, too bad the game is a dud...

It’s like a funeral where you see all your friends and relatives that you haven’t seen in years... a funeral for the the Brewers’ 2020 season.

:laughing :laughing :laughing

Archived