Brewer Fanatic

2020-10-01 (NL Wild Card Series): Brewers (Woodruff) at Dodgers (Kershaw) [Brewers lose, 3-0 -- Offensive struggles continue to the very end]

Eye Black
  • Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We've had rluzinski and splitterpfj posts this week. The old crew coming out of the woodwork.

Need a post from Fatter than Joey and two live brew.

Wow!

Alright, this is my 'Rally from down 3 to win' post!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

At least we got to see some postseason ball. This team didn’t deserve to be here so I’m not even sad. The Dodgers are a hell of a team. I hope Stearns cleans house again this off-season, but this time they don’t get a bunch of bench guys and hope they all have career years.

That might be all they need. Terrible throw by Urias, terrible pick by Gyorko, bad 2 strike pitch by Woodruff. Team losing effort, like usual.

Might?

To be fair this was posted when the Dodgers only had a run and there was always the possibility that we could get a runner on base and a routine popup would happen simultaneously with an earthquake that pushed the fences in 250 feet.

Like I said before, I know.

Well I've watched him play, he doesn't have a strong arm and that play was another example of it. There are many other problems with his game as well but this one in particular likely cost us a game.

We'd have to score a run for anything to cost us a game.

This offense was painful to watch this year. I won't miss it. Not sure how it's going to get any better but half this offense can go.

Well, now it's official, we lost the trade with Grisham for Urias. Both flopped at crucial moments in Playoff elimination.

Just about as expected for 2020. Key players become hurt, couple dinks and poor fielding and heading to the offseason.

Packers Draft

Bucks Playoffs.

We've had rluzinski and splitterpfj posts this week. The old crew coming out of the woodwork.

Need a post from Fatter than Joey and two live brew.

Wow!

Alright, this is my 'Rally from down 3 to win' post!

There he is!!!

It sucks that Woodruff's 5th inning scuffle that plagued him through a big portion of the season came back. Was hoping he was past that with that gem against the Cardinals last weekend, but alas.

Still, he was a stud tonight. Ton of pressure on him playing behind a pop-gun offense.

He didn't really have a huge scuffle. Bad throw and bad pick attempt kept the inning alive. Two weak swings turned into hits. Then he did give up a hard hit to maybe the best hitter in baseball. It should have been a zero run inning

It sucks that Woodruff's 5th inning scuffle that plagued him through a big portion of the season came back. Was hoping he was past that with that gem against the Cardinals last weekend, but alas.

Still, he was a stud tonight. Ton of pressure on him playing behind a pop-gun offense.

He didn't really have a huge scuffle. Bad throw and bad pick attempt kept the inning alive. Two weak swings turned into hits. Then he did give up a hard hit to maybe the best hitter in baseball. It should have been a zero run inning

I think we all know that for the team to have a chance tonight, Woodruff would have had to be darn near perfect. He wasn't. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Archived