Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-30 (NL Wild Card Series): Brewers (Suter) at Dodgers (Buehler) [Brewers lose, 4-2 -- Suter’s early struggles prove too much for offense to overcome; Yardley and Topa combine on solid effort out of bullpen]

Eye Black
Vogelbach in the lineup helps. Overall this lineup isn't bad. Arcia hitting 6th is the only issue but nothing is perfect. Williams being out is a killer though. The only real hope in a game like this is to have both him and Hader available to stretch since they would be well rested. Pressure is all on the Dodgers so score first and score early and you tighten the noose.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love that we are in the post season and we still have NO CLUE what our ideal lineup is. What a year this has been.

Imagine talking to a future you back in January and that person tells you that Orlando Arcia had the Brewers first 3 hits on the year, the Brewers would make the playoffs as an 8 seed with a losing record, Brent Suter would be getting the ball in Game 1 of that first series, the Brewers team batting average was going to hover around .225, and our total attendance for the year was 0.

That would have been a real head scratcher... but here we are!

Vogelbach in the lineup helps. Overall this lineup isn't bad. Arcia hitting 6th is the only issue but nothing is perfect. Williams being out is a killer though. The only real hope in a game like this is to have both him and Hader available to stretch since they would be well rested. Pressure is all on the Dodgers so score first and score early and you tighten the noose.

With a nod to Vogelbach and maybe Gyorko?... he has been our best hitter this year I think?

Well I think our only real chance tonight is to jump on Buehler early. Maybe he’s a little shaky out of the gates given he missed some time with the blister issue. Then we have to hope our pitching can minimize damage against an extremely potent lineup.

If we go quietly through the order the first time around and Buehler is on cruise control it’s going to be a long night. I don’t think the Dodgers go more than 3 or 4 innings without putting at least one run on the board. Which is why we have to put pressure on them as soon as possible by scoring some early runs.

Well just a couple minutes away from first pitch of the Brewers 2020 Postseason adventure. The worst thing that could happen to MLB in this Wild Card round is the Brewers knocking the Dodgers out of the playoffs. Let’s go Crew!
Not just “at Night” anymore.

I don't care that EVERY pundit has written us off.

I don't care that we have a ramshackle lineup that could be the worst ever in the postseason.

I don't care that the Dodgers are dominating this season.

I don't care that our superstars have underperformed in 2020.

I don't care that injuries have reduced us to Woody and a bunch of band-aids.

It's best of 3, anything can happen, and we're playing with house money. GO CREW!!!

You know, I've said that I didn't really want the Brewers to win the World Series this season because this season is stupid and I wouldn't really look back on it with joy, but now that we're in with a losing record:

With a nod to Vogelbach and maybe Gyorko?... he has been our best hitter this year I think?

He's done a decent job, but I'd still at least throw Yeli above him, even in this "awful" year. Probably Braun too.

Bm41vxg.png

Archived