Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-30 (NL Wild Card Series): Brewers (Suter) at Dodgers (Buehler) [Brewers lose, 4-2 -- Suter’s early struggles prove too much for offense to overcome; Yardley and Topa combine on solid effort out of bullpen]

Eye Black
  • Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arcia was a pretty good hitter over the regular season also. There’s definitely been improvement with him.

Yep, and plays really high level defense. I’m in no rush to get rid of him.

Baseball reference had Arcia at literally replacement level in 2020, Fangraphs was a little more bullish at 0.7. I guess it depends what you go by. I won't say he hasn't improved at all, but the bar was pretty low.

His defense is a bit overrated. I think people just assume he's an elite defensive shortstop without really checking the metrics.

You let suter walk five guys and you ring up hiura on that pitch

Just because the dodger pitcher was complaining

Screw this ump. That’s bull crap

Suter deservedly walked 5 guys, that pitch to Hiura was a strike. What are we even watching?

What

What? Go back and look. Every ball on Suter's walks were out of the strike zone. The strike 3 to Hiura was in the strike zone. This isn't complicated.

I've had no qualms about this zone. Called well, tight, consistent. I think there's one pitch he actually gave Suter low that was particularly bad and that's about it.

THis is the zone we should have seen all year. Perhaps it was just the crews assigned to the NL Central games this summer who were terrible?

The ESPN announcers were discussing Buehler appears to have some substance on his blisters, which isn’t allowed. Even if the Brewers questioned it, what would happen? Would he just get ejected? I doubt he’ll come back out now anyway.

This is one of those things that teams only call out other teams for if it's super egregious. Maybe technically they are breaking the rules but nobody really cares.

The ESPN announcers were discussing Buehler appears to have some substance on his blisters, which isn’t allowed. Even if the Brewers questioned it, what would happen? Would he just get ejected? I doubt he’ll come back out now anyway.

It’s weird that people care about a guy using glue to keep a nasty blister together when the likely 2020 NL CY Young winner is literally using foreign substances to gain a substantial advantage.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

What? Go back and look. Every ball on Suter's walks were out of the strike zone. The strike 3 to Hiura was in the strike zone. This isn't complicated.

Agreed. I think we've gotten used to those balls 4-5 inches outside the zone getting called strikes because they were quite a bit during the season. They shouldn't be, though. Is this an umpiring crew that the Brewers had at all this summer?

Agreed. I think we've gotten used to those balls 4-5 inches outside the zone getting called strikes because they were quite a bit during the season. They shouldn't be, though. Is this an umpiring crew that the Brewers had at all this summer?

Suter also wasn't close to the zone on a lot of pitches. You just aren't going to get the benefit of the doubt when the catcher is consistently reaching and catching balls several inches out of the zone.

Archived