Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-30 (NL Wild Card Series): Brewers (Suter) at Dodgers (Buehler) [Brewers lose, 4-2 -- Suter’s early struggles prove too much for offense to overcome; Yardley and Topa combine on solid effort out of bullpen]

Eye Black
  • Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The guy you gave up Trent Grisham and Zach Davies for.

Despite the fact that Arcia outperformed him by every measure this year?

Uh, yes? You gave up 2 really good pieces for him. He was a top prospect. He's your SS of the future, at least that's the intent right now. Outperforming Urias or not, Arcia still isn't good. You don't give up that kind of return to have him be a future bench piece.

It could be worse in that we could be the Twins who lost their 18th straight playoff game.

After tomorrow, this team won't see 18 playoff games in the next 20 years.

You don't think Attanasio, Stearns, and Counsell are going to get 4 total playoff series in the next 2 decades? I would like to place a wager with you on this one..

Fine. 19

Dude, Narvy got three middle-middle fastballs, and couldn't connect on any of them (and didn't even try on the last one). In an offseason full of bad-looking acquisitions, he is probably the one that looks the worst.

With that swing I don't know how he could ever hit.

Slowpitch softball guys don't have that much of an uppercut.

Is Narvaez going to get the Schoop treatment where they just decide he doesn't fit here? I fully expect the Marlins to add another former Brewer and he'll put up a solid .850 OPS there.

I mean he could maybe be good elsewhere if another team has a hitting coach that can see how awful of a swing he has and maybe try to fix it.

Is Narvaez going to get the Schoop treatment where they just decide he doesn't fit here? I fully expect the Marlins to add another former Brewer and he'll put up a solid .850 OPS there.

Let the next hitting coach have a say if he thinks he can fix him.

Is Braun wincing after each swing?

I think he hurt himself on the ball off his glove and then even more on the running catch to end the inning.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

So, the good news is, Buehler is only on pace to go about 6 innings, so we only have three more innings of hopelessness on offense before we reset against a bullpen pitcher...or something...

So we got that going for us.

Unfortunately we will still have 9 guys who haven't hit a lick all year opposing said pitchers.

So, the good news is, Buehler is only on pace to go about 6 innings, so we only have three more innings of hopelessness on offense before we reset against a bullpen pitcher...or something...

So we got that going for us.

His fingers are totally beat up. He should be out of the game already.

I mean he could maybe be good elsewhere if another team has a hitting coach that can see how awful of a swing he has and maybe try to fix it.

Look back at previous years highlights. It’s the same swing in years where he’s hit really well. He didn’t change it when he got here.

Look back at previous years highlights. It’s the same swing in years where he’s hit really well. He didn’t change it when he got here.

Looks like in 2019 it was a shorter swing (seems more loopy and exaggerated now)...

Not just “at Night” anymore.

He was a top prospect.

I've seen this argument a lot and it doesn't really make sense. Arcia was a top prospect too. If you're trying to win in the playoffs you go with the guy who is the better player now, as sad as it is, that's Arcia.

This season is the drawback of Stearns approach. It feels like the offensive philosophy is all about finding a boatload of 1-2 WAR guys and just winning with depth. Yelich plus above average. Problem is, it's real easier for 1-2 WAR guys to be pretty bad over 60 game stretches.

Most of the guys we signed were going to be bad if the season was 162 games or 60. The problem is our system has produced nearly no good position players over the last five plus years.

Archived