Brewer Fanatic

2020 MLB Postseason: AL & NL Wild Card Series

Eye Black
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orf completed the last out too, ball was hit hard too but right at him so not terribly difficult.

I see they have times up for tomorrow's games. I suppose you have to lock in with TV but seems best way to do would've been to wait and see which series end today and then adjust. For example, if Yankees win tonight do the Brewers/LAD really have to wait until 9:15 when no game is on in front of them. I know it's in LA so they're not going to start at 7 CST for their fans, but moving up an hour could work. I'm sure other examples could apply too.

So have the cardinals been nominated for the Nobel peace prize for having to play doubleheaders every week this year

The unbelievable sacrifice these guys made

Came here to post something similar.

Shildt is just the smartest manager ever, and bestest, for playing a player that had a couple hits and made catches in the outfield.

Gio Urshela is one of many good examples of why you shouldn’t always decide who a player is after they struggle at the MLB level in their early-to-mid 20’s. Player development is far from a linear progression.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Apparently the Cubs game is postponed. Here is the future radar for 3:30pm:

RQHhTc8.png

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The Reds are 3 outs away from getting bounced from the Postseason without scoring a run, and if this score holds being outscored in total just 2-0 over 22 innings.

Edit: Well the Braves just scored two more runs in the bottom of the 8th.

And here is the sky overlooking Wrigley right now:

wUpUKtY.png

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The Reds are 3 outs away from getting bounced from the Postseason without scoring a run, and if this score holds being outscored in total just 2-0 over 22 innings.

Yup. I thought that with their starting pitching they could maybe be a dark horse to make it to the WS (three game series' being what they are and what not).

Yup. I thought that with their starting pitching they could maybe be a dark horse to make it to the WS (three game series' being what they are and what not).

Dumpster fire organizations typically don't stop being dumpster fire organizations in one season, though. They spent a ton of money in the offseason in an attempt to buy a World Series, and what did it get them? Now Bauer will be gone, and Castellanos will likely opt out. And they are stuck with Votto's bloated deal, and a declining Moose making a lot as well.

Community Moderator

In the current version of MLB it seems like almost everyone has enough pitching to get through a 3-game series and the real difference-maker is whether you have the bats to be able to plate runs off of the better pitching in the league.

In the current version of MLB it seems like almost everyone has enough pitching to get through a 3-game series and the real difference-maker is whether you have the bats to be able to plate runs off of the better pitching in the league.

Right. I put a bet on the Reds but only because they were 50/1 odds. If they were 25/1 I wouldn't have done it.

White Sox are already on their 5th pitcher in the first 4 innings of this elimination game versus the A’s. Their draft pick from this year, Garrett Crochet left the game with elbow discomfort.

White Sox are already on their 5th pitcher in the first 4 innings of this elimination game versus the A’s. Their draft pick from this year, Garrett Crochet left the game with elbow discomfort.

Now on their 6th pitcher of the game and still in the 4th inning.

Archived