Brewer Fanatic

2020 MLB Postseason: AL & NL Wild Card Series

Eye Black
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I know it has only been 2 innings, but the Maeda trade for the Twins was such a steal. The Dodgers essentially gave him away (and $10mm!).

Graterol might be pretty darn good eventually. He's already pretty good and he's only 21. Time will tell.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like 2020 isn't stopping the Twins from choking in the postseason again.

At least it is not the Yankees, progress?

It still falls under the umbrella of 'teams everyone hates'.

Well I believe this is the Twins first loss in the playoffs to a team not named the Yankees in a long time.

I think you have to go back to the world series for the last time the Twins lost to a team other than the Yankees.

EDIT:

I had to look it up and was almost close the Twins have lost to the Yankees in every year they have made the playoffs except for 2006 against the A's and in 2002 against the Angels and A's. If you go all the way back to 2002 which was the first time the Twins made the playoffs since winning the World Series they had losses to either the Yankees, A's or the Angels. The Yankees account for 16 losses of the 25 losses the Twins have had in the playoffs since 2002. The Twins are a staggering 2-16 against the Yankees in that time span they haven't won more than 1 game against the Yankees in the playoffs from 2002-2019.

That is just crazy.

I feel for the Twins. What a brutal, brutal way to lose. 17 consecutive playoff losses is now a solely held North American, major sport record. The Blackhawks lost 16 playoff games in a row in the 70s and 80s.

I find it just amazing that both of those streaks have occurred in the two sports where you'd think they'd be least likely. Playoff baseball games feel like they are always around 50-50. Hard to believe.

Buehler hasn't thrown more than about 70 pitches in like a month. Maybe the Crew can chase him.

Yes, I was going to post something similar in the game thread tomorrow. He has actually only pitched 5 more innings than Brent Suter this year and by most statistical metrics Suter has been the better pitcher. I think he is a very good pitcher, but similar to how they’ve had success against Jack Flaherty, I wouldn’t be shocked to see the Brewers find some success against Buehler.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Bieber, bright lights.

Ironically, manager Sandy Alomar, Jr. actually sort of insinuated something along similar lines in his post-game press conference.

Alomar said, “It says to me that he’s a young kid. It says to me that he was too excited.”

Bieber, bright lights.

Ironically, manager Sandy Alomar, Jr. actually sort of insinuated something along similar lines in his post-game press conference.

Alomar said, “It says to me that he’s a young kid. It says to me that he was too excited.”

:laughing Great minds...

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

if you are a baseball fan, this has to be the best day of baseball in my viewing experience ever. Every playoff game is today and the addition of the Brewers being involved.

I dont think there has ever been a day like this for just pure interest

Even if this was kind of a lame season

if you are a baseball fan, this has to be the best day of baseball in my viewing experience ever. Every playoff game is today and the addition of the Brewers being involved.

I dont think there has ever been a day like this for just pure interest

Even if this was kind of a lame season

So far it appears the NL Central hitters have picked up where they left off in terms of futility. That being said, Trevor Bauer’s performance against the Braves lineup was also very impressive. Reds-Braves still scoreless in the 11th inning.

Archived