Brewer Fanatic

Playoff Roster

KeithStone53151

I agree with others that Suter seems the most likely starter for game 1. Piece it together with the likes of Houser and Peralta and then you make your decision from there if you pitch Williams/Hader depending on the score.

A lot of injury questions surrounding Vodelbach, Gamel, and Anderson and whether they'll be available for this series.

Probably no magic formula for this position player group. Going to need to rely on the same guys who have been in the line up the last week or so and hope the pitching holds up to be competitive.

Game 1 is key, because Woodruff will hopefully give the brewers a chance to win game 2. If they need to go to game 3 and Anderson isn't available then having to trot out Lindblom isn't exactly inspiring. Tough break to not have Burnes. Almost feels like 2008 when we lost Sheets at the very end of the season after basically relying on him and CC to drag the team to the playoffs.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Brewers have a 25 year old pitcher with the following career stats versus the Los Angeles Dodgers...

[pre]W L ERA G GS IP WHIP SO9 PA AB BA OBP SLG OPS

5 0 2.11 7 7 42.2 1.031 9.1 174 161 .199 .254 .354 .608[/pre]

nump6rUP_400x400.jpg

I think it’s funny you mention this. I was actually thinking to myself yesterday and seriously considering using Lauer in Game 1 against the Dodgers. What do they have to lose? He struggled in a couple starts this season and that’s basically all he as given for an opportunity. It’s a complete shot in the dark move and one that people would never live down if it doesn’t work out, but it’s the type of move the Brewers might need to make to win this series.

Personally I would go back to CC's 2019 strategy. you have a opener (like yardly, rasmussen) and without the dodgers knowing you bring in your real starter in the 2nd. if its Suter, than you start Rasmussen. If its Topa or another rightly, then you start Yardly.

The Brewers have a 25 year old pitcher with the following career stats versus the Los Angeles Dodgers...

nump6rUP_400x400.jpg

I think it’s funny you mention this. I was actually thinking to myself yesterday and seriously considering using Lauer in Game 1 against the Dodgers. What do they have to lose? He struggled in a couple starts this season and that’s basically all he as given for an opportunity. It’s a complete shot in the dark move and one that people would never live down if it doesn’t work out, but it’s the type of move the Brewers might need to make to win this series.

Game 3 in needed. They have too many other arms who have actually had success to resort to something like this right off the bat.

nump6rUP_400x400.jpg

nobody is expecting the brewers to even win a game in this series (atleast nationally). i think its a bit much to say that people would never live it down.

I don’t think its clear that Houser starts game 1

I’d go with Suter

It's a no-brainer to start Suter isn't it? The guy just threw 4 scoreless in a pressure game, has a 1.38 ERA starting and would be facing a Dodger team that hasn't seen him in two years. The other alternative is to start Williams, have him go 2 innings and bring in Suter to pitch 3 through 6. The longer they stay in the game the more pressure on the favorite.

nump6rUP_400x400.jpg

nobody is expecting the brewers to even win a game in this series (atleast nationally). i think its a bit much to say that people would never live it down.

I meant it more as people on Brewerfan wouldn’t live it down. :laughing But it’s something to consider. Maybe Game 3 would be a better time to try it. I do personally think Houser might be the guy to start Game 1 though, go 2-3 innings with someone like Suter or Peralta pitching the next 2-3 and then evaluating. If you’re tied or in the lead through 5, bring in the shut down guys. If you’re down, you go all out in Game 2 and live to see another day.

clubs can carry up to 12 players on their taxi squad. they do not have to be on the 40-man roster.

this taxi squad will not be made public. please report here on this thread if you happen to see video or a photo of a player in los angeles that isn't part of the soon-to-be announced 28-man wild card series roster.

As reported in the Minor League thread, Zach Brown is in LA as a member of the taxi squad.

Devin Williams is not on Wild Card series roster according to Jeff Passan. Arm injury.

Passan: Huge blow for the Milwaukee Brewers: Rookie right-hander Devin Williams, the best reliever in baseball this year, has been left off the roster for their wild card series against the top-seeded Los Angeles Dodgers, sources tell ESPN. He's dealing with an arm issue, sources said.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Devin Williams is not on Wild Card series roster according to Jeff Passan. Arm injury.

Passan: Huge blow for the Milwaukee Brewers: Rookie right-hander Devin Williams, the best reliever in baseball this year, has been left off the roster for their wild card series against the top-seeded Los Angeles Dodgers, sources tell ESPN. He's dealing with an arm issue, sources said.

What a complete and utter disaster

What a complete and utter disaster

So, basically, the Brewers have lost their top starter and top reliever just prior to the playoffs. Yeesh!

Ouch, that's a huge loss. The one big advantage or strength we had was that back end. Now not so much.

At this point I am much more worried about the severity of the injury since he’s already missed significant time after one Tommy John surgery. Hopefully nothing to that level of concern, but obviously it’s enough to keep him out for at least the next three days.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived