Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-27: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Gomber) [Brewers lose, 5-2 -- Clinch spot in Postseason]

Eye Black
  • Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I’m in the minority on bringing in Williams there. Peralta is a strike out pitcher himself and if he can get out of that inning with just 1 run (or even 2) it isn’t so bad and you’ve got a pitcher who should be able to go multiple innings in the game.

It all comes back to having such a horrible offense that you have to feel like you’re out of the game trailing 1 or 2 to nothing.

Second and third with nobody out and scoring just one run (but feeling lucky to get that) says a lot about this offense.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I guess I’m in the minority on bringing in Williams there. Peralta is a strike out pitcher himself and if he can get out of that inning with just 1 run (or even 2) it isn’t so bad and you’ve got a pitcher who should be able to go multiple innings in the game.

It all comes back to having such a horrible offense that you have to feel like you’re out of the game trailing 1 or 2 to nothing.

Second and third with nobody out and scoring just one run (but feeling lucky to get that) says a lot about this offense.

But again, Peralta hasn't pitched in a week.

I think it is completely justifiable to expect a rusty appearance from Freddy there, and bringing him in with a runner at 3B is just asking for it.

It isn't like he is coming in on normal rest and mental prosperity. He was inactive for a week, and his mind was more than likely on his new born and wife most of that week.

I stand by my complaint, Peralta should not have been used with a runner on 3B and no outs. That was an obvious Williams situation.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

In a normal game, I’d agree with you. In this scenario I’d want my best pitcher in there period. Peralta could have come in for multiple innings after that. Him not pitching for 10 days and just coming back from becoming a father left too many questions in the air for how he’d pitch in that situation.

With that Bader home run, I’m done. Even though this year was bizarre and I assumed the Brewers would lose their first postseason series, I still hoped for them to make it for them to be in the post-season three years in a row for the first time in franchise history.

With that Bader home run, I’m done. Even though this year was bizarre and I assumed the Brewers would lose their first postseason series, I still hoped for them to make it for them to be in the post-season three years in a row for the first time in franchise history.

If games just stopped now they would still be in.

If games just stopped now they would still be in.

I hope they still do, and I’ll watch. I just can’t watch more of this game.

Although, I’ll still probably peek in once in a while... :laughing

But again, Peralta hasn't pitched in a week.

I think it is completely justifiable to expect a rusty appearance from Freddy there, and bringing him in with a runner at 3B is just asking for it.

It isn't like he is coming in on normal rest and mental prosperity. He was inactive for a week, and his mind was more than likely on his new born and wife most of that week.

I stand by my complaint, Peralta should not have been used with a runner on 3B and no outs. That was an obvious Williams situation.

And I stand by my position. Williams comes in and strikes out the side, and you still have 6 innings to fill. The fact that Peralta was the choice says something about the other options.

Maybe Yardley or Knebel if the goal is to try to get out of the third inning, but not Williams who you know you’re going to need if you have a chance to win at the end.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived