Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-27: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Gomber) [Brewers lose, 5-2 -- Clinch spot in Postseason]

Eye Black
  • Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, play-off baseball is better than no play-off baseball, my only hope is that we don't embarrass ourselves on national tv.

No Burnes and Vogelbach is going to hurt. I think Gamel might be back by Wednesday?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Brewers are the worst team in baseball history to make the playoffs!

I'll take it.

Time for Stage 2 of our season-long Rope-A-Dope strategy, as Christian Yelich comes alive and pummels the Dodgers for a first round sweep.

Call me crazy, but the Dodgers have a lot of pressure playing a sub .500 team in a three game postseason series right off the bat. With all their failure to win the World Series in past year they certainly don’t want to blow this chance in the opening round.

Umpire really screwed the Giants there. Brewers also got the benefit of playing in a crappy division.

A crappy division that is home to half the NL playoff field.

Worst division winner, 3 mediocre at best teams and the worst team in MLB. Meanwhile the West had the top 2 teams in the NL.

Umpire really screwed the Giants there. Brewers also got the benefit of playing in a crappy division.

A crappy division that is home to half the NL playoff field.

Worst division winner, 3 mediocre at best teams and the worst team in MLB. Meanwhile the West had the top 2 teams in the NL.

The West also had 3 mediocre to terrible teams. We benefited from the NL Central having more parity than others, but it is only a "crappy" division in the sense that the entire league is crappy outside of 2-3 teams.

Honestly I'm ok with whatever happens. I want to make the playoffs but getting in like this would be an absolute embarrassment and make for a really poor playoff representative.

I don't want them insulting our intelligence and telling us what a successful season it was because we made the playoffs when we all saw the product on the field. If we get in, there should be no celebration. Just keep quiet and get ready for the next game.

I definitely want the streak to continue and make it 3 straight seasons - however it feels a little wrong to become the only team in MLB history to make the playoffs with a losing record.

Looks like the Astros are going to get in with a losing record as well, so at least we'll have company (assuming we actually make the playoffs still).

NOT TRUE! 1981 Royals were 50-53 but made the playoffs in a strike-shortened season

Archived