Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-26: Brewers (Woodruff) at Cardinals (Wainwright) [Brewers win, 3-0 -- Woodruff pitches masterpiece; No Cardinals batter touches second base]

Eye Black
The avatar people in the outfield sort of creep me out.

The most unneeded, unwanted thing there is.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Needed an ace performance from Woodruff and got it tonight.

Woodruff LOVES the bright lights apparently!

(sorry Brew4U, I just couldn't resist!)

It’s the start I was hoping for from Burnes. Next year. Next year...!

I'm very excited at the prospect of having Woodruff and Burnes at the top of next year's rotation. Need to identify one more starter they can count on, though. I wouldn't mind bringing Anderson back, as he's been solid this year. Lindblom will still be around as well, as will Houser, Peralta and Lauer. Need one of those guys to step up.

108 pitches through 8, is it really that crazy to send him back out with so much on the line?

There is absolutely zero chance that would ever happen under any circumstances. That rarely, if ever, happened 10 years ago when long starts were a thing if a no-hitter wasn’t active.

EDIT: Except Johnny Cueto...that guys poor arm with the Reds...

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
108 pitches through 8, is it really that crazy to send him back out with so much on the line?

There is absolutely zero chance that would ever happen under any circumstances. That rarely, if ever, happened 10 years ago when long starts were a thing if a no-hitter wasn’t active.

EDIT: Except Johnny Cueto...that guys poor arm with the Reds...

Dusty gonna Dusty

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I'm very excited at the prospect of having Woodruff and Burnes at the top of next year's rotation. Need to identify one more starter they can count on, though. I wouldn't mind bringing Anderson back, as he's been solid this year. Lindblom will still be around as well, as will Houser, Peralta and Lauer. Need one of those guys to step up.

1. Woody

2. Burnes

3. Lindblom

I think Lauer has to be in the running for one of the spots (otherwise the trade doesn’t make much sense) which would leave one spot open for a FA signing. Hopefully they’ve learned enough about Houser to have him join Hader and Williams in the back end of the pen.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I don't want to see any of those start the year as our #3. We need an actual reliable guy for that role, not an Anderson type, and 100% for sure not Houser, Lindblom, or Lauer. I'd love to see Peralta make strides to fill that role though, but I'd rather see him start out as our #4 or #5 if given the chance.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Thank you, ump.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I don't want to see any of those start the year as our #3. We need an actual reliable guy for that role, not an Anderson type, and 100% for sure not Houser, Lindblom, or Lauer. I'd love to see Peralta make strides to fill that role though, but I'd rather see him start out as our #4 or #5 if given the chance.

Woody two, Burnes three. Go get a difference maker at the top.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I wonder if they would give Suter another shot at starting. Throughout his career he's always been pretty steady.

huge

Archived