Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-26: Brewers (Woodruff) at Cardinals (Wainwright) [Brewers win, 3-0 -- Woodruff pitches masterpiece; No Cardinals batter touches second base]

Eye Black
Say the Cards lose 4 straight. Can they still get into the playoffs? Because I would love to see that occur if they can’t.

If they beat the Brewers in either of these games they get in. If the Brewers win both of these games then the Cardinals would have to sweep the Tigers in the double header in order to move back ahead of the Brewers. It would depend on what the Giants and Phillies do in terms of whether they get in if they split with Detroit.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Big time start, Woody
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Send him if he says he’s good to go. Let him have batter one and go from there.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The avatar people in the outfield sort of creep me out.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Needed an ace performance from Woodruff and got it tonight.

Woodruff LOVES the bright lights apparently!

(sorry Brew4U, I just couldn't resist!)

It’s the start I was hoping for from Burnes. Next year. Next year...!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

108 pitches through 8, is it really that crazy to send him back out with so much on the line?

There is absolutely zero chance that would ever happen under any circumstances. That rarely, if ever, happened 10 years ago when long starts were a thing if a no-hitter wasn’t active.

Archived