Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-26: Brewers (Woodruff) at Cardinals (Wainwright) [Brewers win, 3-0 -- Woodruff pitches masterpiece; No Cardinals batter touches second base]

Eye Black
  • Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Avi's been great in the leadoff spot. He might end up with the top OBP on the team. I expected a bit more power but otherwise he's basically been as advertised.

A bit more power?! His longball numbers would have projected for 5 HR over a full sesson.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't advertised as a lead-off bat with zero power. That was not his previous experience.

He has been a pretty solid disappointment all around.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

They’re talking to Yelich about BABIP. Anyone who has watched him all season would know that he hasn’t been hitting in bad luck. A lot of his batted balls have been weak grounders to the right side. Not all balls in play are created equal.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I know he struggles with high fastball, but the amount of middle-middle pitches that Hiura isn’t squaring up this year has really surprised me.

I will argue till the end that a lot of his issues are mechanical and anything resembling a decent hitting coach should be able to correct.

They’re talking to Yelich about BABIP. Anyone who has watched him all season would know that he hasn’t been hitting in bad luck. A lot of his batted balls have been weak grounders to the right side. Not all balls in play are created equal.

He's had some bad luck. I think he's top 10 in the league in exit velocity. He's also striking out WAY too much.

Archived