Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-26: Brewers (Woodruff) at Cardinals (Wainwright) [Brewers win, 3-0 -- Woodruff pitches masterpiece; No Cardinals batter touches second base]

Eye Black
Also of note that the Cardinals still have something to play for tomorrow as they have NOT clinched. So while teams like the Giants are drawing opponents with nothing to play for, our opponent still does. They likely wouldn't if they had already had their series against Detroit.

Just another subtle way in which the Cardinals COVID outbreak has actually affected US negatively rather than them. (Us losing a home game being another)

The Cardinals did have to play 10 doubleheaders to make up those games, so it isn't like they've gotten off totally easy.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also of note that the Cardinals still have something to play for tomorrow as they have NOT clinched. So while teams like the Giants are drawing opponents with nothing to play for, our opponent still does. They likely wouldn't if they had already had their series against Detroit.

Just another subtle way in which the Cardinals COVID outbreak has actually affected US negatively rather than them. (Us losing a home game being another)

The Cardinals did have to play 10 doubleheaders to make up those games, so it isn't like they've gotten off totally easy.

The opponents have had to play those doubleheader too. I don't know what the Cardinals' record has been in their doubleheader games but I believe it's been overwhelmingly on the positive side for them.

Based on how this season has gone I expect 100% to be let down tomorrow. It's not that I don't think we can win but it feels like we have been given hope about 20 times this season only to have it taken away every time, so I am trying not to get my hopes up.

Based on how this season has gone I expect 100% to be let down tomorrow. It's not that I don't think we can win but it feels like we have been given hope about 20 times this season only to have it taken away every time, so I am trying not to get my hopes up.

[sarcasm]At least we are only trying to reach 500 and not go above 500, because then we would be doomed.[/sarcasm]

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

It is very hard for anyone who has followed every game not to expect that the most likely outcome today is another one of those games in which the Brewers fall behind early while generating almost no offense and go down to a dreary defeat by a score like 4-0.

But, at least they have a chance, including the possibility that the Giants and Phillies will both lose.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived