Brewer Fanatic

Game 3: Packers @ Saints - Sunday, September 27th, 7:20PM

homer
  • Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Crap. Didn't see the shin angle
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

WHY??????

You have 3 more downs. I get that nothing is guaranteed, but man, I think i'd rather have the time off the clock.

Gotta take the touchdown to go up 10.

We've run plenty of time. I agree, I'll take the TD whenever we can now.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

All these points with no Davante. Couple that with the 4-0 record last season without him and it makes me think the experts don’t know their arse from their elbow. There are a lot of post draft takes on this team that are fun to think back to.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I want to point out how absolutely brilliantly MLF managed the clock on that drive.

First of all, he waits until there's 1 second left on the play clock to throw the challenge flag. You would think that would be obvious, but to many coaches it is not. So he knew that if it didn't work, at least the clock is down to 2:04.

Then just as brilliantly, he realizes that no matter whether he runs or passes on the next play, the clock will stop with the 2 minute warning. So he takes advantage of that and catches the Saints absolutely selling out on the run and which leaves Tonyan wide open.

Great work, coach.

I want to point out how absolutely brilliantly MLF managed the clock on that drive.

First of all, he waits until there's 1 second left on the play clock to throw the challenge flag. You would think that would be obvious, but to many coaches it is not. So he knew that if it didn't work, at least the clock is down to 2:04.

Then just as brilliantly, he realizes that no matter whether he runs or passes on the next play, the clock will stop with the 2 minute warning. So he takes advantage of that and catches the Saints absolutely selling out on the run and which leaves Tonyan wide open.

Great work, coach.

Great points.

Archived