Brewer Fanatic

2021 Free Agents

Eye Black
  • Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really wouldnt mind taking a risk on Chris Archer, if this price is right.... Maybe 1 yr, $5-6 mil deal prove healthy deal.

Woody

Burnes

Archer

Houser

Lindblom/Lauer

Yea I like that.

But is Archer any better than the other crap we already have? Why pay extra for Adrian Houser when we already have Adrian Houser on the team?

Archer just isn't an increase in talent worth the 5 million it might cost to get him.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I really wouldnt mind taking a risk on Chris Archer, if this price is right.... Maybe 1 yr, $5-6 mil deal prove healthy deal.

Woody

Burnes

Archer

Houser

Lindblom/Lauer

Yea I like that.

I would rather resign Brett Anderson who has been a better pitcher the past few years.

I would bet the Brewers begin the season with a payroll under $100 million. We are not going to sign any significant free agents.

Other than improvement from within, the best chances of Stearns making the team better are through the trade route.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

The real question is if Milwaukee's pitching clinic could unleash anything in Archer. Scouts have seen the potential in him for years, but he never could make it legit.

Agreed!

If Archer does figure it out, a top 3 of Woodruff, Burnes, Archer... Hell yes!

• 3 weeks later...

Statcast bats with history would say:

Nelson Cruz-DH to NL go get him

DJ Lemahieu-Best bat available by a good margin-QO'd

Marcell Ozuna-#2 bat behind

George Springer has bat profile similar to above, but misses more often with swings and exit velo isn't elite-QO-d

Cesar Hernandez-below average bat, above average defender

JT Realmuto-Bat is just above MLB avg. As a catcher that's elite. -QO'd

Tommy La Stella- Micro Lemahieu. Everything about bat is ML average except K% and has that contact percentage like Lemahieu.

J-Profar- Lesser Tommy La Stella below avg ML batting profile except K%

Maikel Franco-ML avg profile nearly all around, K% is only better than avg.

Kolton Wong-avg to slightly below avg ML bat

Michael Brantley-slightly above ML avg bat but elite expected BA due to elite K% Makes contact like Lemahieu

Marcus Semien-avg to slightly below avg ML bat nothing really stands out but speed is top 20%

Kevin Pillar-above avg expected BA, everything else is below ML avg.

Eddie Rosario-Avg or below avg ML bat profile high chase pct

Kyle Schwarber-Below avg ML bat except exit velo and slg.

Carlos Santana-Above avg ML bat Elite BB% Slow bottom 20% speed So bat ahead a 3TO HR hitter?

Renato Nunez-Slightly above or below avg ML bat-Nothing elite higher chase pct

Asdrubal Cabrera-ML avg bat-slow

Pretty big pile of pooh. Obviously Ozuna, Lemahieu, Springer will have big market takers. La Stella for a hard to get out or Nelson Cruz if the DH comes to NL. Guess I'd have to find better in non-tenders thread, but that'll be another day.

La Stella and Santana continue to be the names on the list that make the most sense for the Brewers as far as legitimate possibilities financially and good fits as far as position and quality of their bats. If you can find a way to bring both in somehow, it would go a loooong way in addressing last season's issues.

La Stella and Santana continue to be the names on the list that make the most sense for the Brewers as far as legitimate possibilities financially and good fits as far as position and quality of their bats. If you can find a way to bring both in somehow, it would go a loooong way in addressing last season's issues.

Makes too much sense to actually happen I'm afraid...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

MLB trade rumors is predicting around $13 million combined for La Stella and Santana. If we trade Hader for prospects then we could very well sign both.

Can sign both without trading Hader. There is enough room for $13m in the budget. It would just put them at the top of their budget.

Apparently the Brewers are showing interest in Joc Pederson according to Rosenthal from the Athletic.

Sign me up for Joc Pederson as a platoon partner with Avisail Garcia. Pederson's average exit velocity last season was 93.0 mph which was in the top 4% of the league. Joc versus RHP and Garcia versus LHP would both project to be very solid 5th hitters.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Apparently the Brewers are showing interest in Joc Pederson according to Rosenthal from the Athletic.

Sign me up for Joc Pederson as a platoon partner with Avisail Garcia. Pederson's average exit velocity last season was 93.0 mph which was in the top 4% of the league. Joc versus RHP and Garcia versus LHP would both project to be very solid 5th hitters.

And a very expensive platoon. But yes, intriguing nonetheless.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

To play 1B? Or are they actually considering a Yelich to 1B move, which I would support 100%!

Has either played 1B before?

To play 1B? Or are they actually considering a Yelich to 1B move, which I would support 100%!

Has either played 1B before?

Pederson has 149 innings of experience at 1B for the Dodgers in 2019. He apparently wasn't great there, and they started using Bellinger more there because of it.

Yelich was his high school team's regular 1B, but has not played there as a pro I don't believe.

Archived