Brewer Fanatic

2021 Free Agents

Eye Black

After Wong and Bradley, and ST started, I think the FA signings can realistically be called done. The moves now likely come from trades/waived players that dont make teams they currently are on. 12-13mil was also your price for Turner had you signed him.

Say a guy like Shaw is out there on another team that 10 days from now isnt added to that team and becomes a FA maybe that is your next FA signing.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea I cant believe all the talking heads picking the Cards to win the division... Mentioning how good there pitching, ummm what? After Jack who do they have.

I dont get it.

Our top 2 are better than the red birds top two. After that.... the SP's are pretty much equal imo. I believe our BP though is what makes us leaps and bounds better than the redbirds.

Yea I cant believe all the talking heads picking the Cards to win the division... Mentioning how good there pitching, ummm what? After Jack who do they have.

I dont get it.

I'd bet a lot of money the Brewers finish ahead of the Cardinals. The Cardinals coming in 4th wouldn't surprise me at all.

I dont get it.

Our top 2 are better than the red birds top two. After that.... the SP's are pretty much equal imo. I believe our BP though is what makes us leaps and bounds better than the redbirds.

I get the Cardinal love. It’s based on experience. Their pitching has been 2nd in the league in runs allowed the last two years and their starters are more experienced Jack Flaherty and than the Brewers starters. Arenado and Goldschmidt have longer track records as elite offensive than anyone the Brewers have besides Yelich.

The Brewers match up on paper pound for pound with St. Louis, but the Cardinals are the smart pick for the division based on experience. That won’t change until Milwaukee goes out and consistently plays to their potential.

The best of the Free Agents remaining:

Infielders:

3B Maikel Franco

3B Jeff Gyorko

Outfielders:

OF Yoenis Cespedes

OF Yasiel Puig

OF Josh Reddick

OF Nick Markakis

Starting Pitchers:

LHP Cole Hamels

RHP Mike Leake

RHP Rick Porcello

Relief Pitchers:

RHP Shane Greene

RHP Roberto Osuna

RHP Brad Peacock

RHP David Robertson

Others: Logan Forsythe(2B), Neil Walker(2B), Aníbal Sánchez(SP),

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Greene would be a good get. I am one who prefers to use Hader as a true anytime fireman not so much as a one inning closer. More back end options are good especially with Williams being a mystery until we actually see him pitch again.

Community Moderator

Jeremy Jeffress was released by the Nationals this morning (he was on a minor league deal) for what was deemed “personnel reasons” by Nats GM Mike Rizzo. Not a typo, the initial report says personnel and not personal.

Jeffress also made some cryptic Twitter comments about his former agent.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Maikel Franco would look awesome on this roster. Good right handed power bat to add to the mix. I would feel really good about our offense if he was brought in.

Against Righties:

2B Wong

RF Bradley

LF Yelich

1B Hiura

3B Shaw

CF Cain

C Narvaez

SS Arcia

P

Against Lefties:

2B Wong

CF Cain

LF Yelich

1B Hiura

3B Franco

RF Garcia

C Pina

SS Urias

P

Bench pieces are Pina, Franco, Robertson, Garcia, and Urias against righties. This would put us at 13 position players. I could get really excited about our everyday lineups with a roster like this!

Vogelbach would be released, Shaw, Robertson, and Franco could see time at first as needed.

Jeremy Jeffress was released by the Nationals this morning (he was on a minor league deal) for what was deemed “personnel reasons” by Nats GM Mike Rizzo. Not a typo, the initial report says personnel and not personal.

Jeffress also made some cryptic Twitter comments about his former agent.

Wow that's more than cryptic. That's in your face direct.

Also, Josh was banned from this site?

I can’t imagine Franco signing to be the lesser end of a platoon. I could be wrong but I’d think he’d want more playing time than that.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I can’t imagine Franco signing to be the lesser end of a platoon. I could be wrong but I’d think he’d want more playing time than that.

I don't think he is that good of a player to really make a lot of demands. I mean he isn't signed yet and the season is only a few weeks away.

Possibly, although the teams that have playing time are mostly trash, and even then have lefties that have been about as good as Shaw (Ruiz for BAL, McMahon for COL, etc). You are right that Franco might hope for better opportunity than splitting with Shaw.

Between the 2 I recommended, Gyorko makes more sense

If Gyorko could play an OF spot, he’d make some sense. I doubt Hiura leaves the field much so just not much for at bats at 1B.

If Gyorko could play an OF spot, he’d make some sense. I doubt Hiura leaves the field much so just not much for at bats at 1B.

Considering how little pop vs LHP there is, having one of Arcia and Robertson with Gyorko makes more sense than not having Gyorko and keeping both Arcia and Robertson. They just seem redundant. 2 weak hitting utility players isn’t necessary. Getting another RHB who can hit lefties, specifically at 3B, is a lot more valuable than a 2nd utility.

If they are looking for right-handed pop, Green probably gets that call this season.

I think we'll see Garcia in the lineup against LHP. That doesn't mean he'll end the game. But his career OPS vs. LHP is .812. Bradley's is .685.

The guy who nobody mentions as having a shot at the opening day roster, Pablo Reyes, has worn out LH pitching in a small major league sample of 80 ABs. He's hit .288/.337/.538 with 4 of his 5 career HR against lefties.

I think we'll see Garcia in the lineup against LHP. That doesn't mean he'll end the game. But his career OPS vs. LHP is .812. Bradley's is .685.

The guy who nobody mentions as having a shot at the opening day roster, Pablo Reyes, has worn out LH pitching in a small major league sample of 80 ABs. He's hit .288/.337/.538 with 4 of his 5 career HR against lefties.

I would absolutely rather have Pablo Reyes on our bench instead of Arcia.

Archived