Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-25, Game 2: Brewers (Lindblom) at Cardinals (Ponce de Leon) [Brewers lose, 9-1]

Eye Black
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We don't need to cut him but it's a far cry from your he seems ok to me take. He's been in Appleton because he sucks. That's all I'm saying. Nothing I have seen tonight makes me think bringing him back was a good call.

He has a .455 BABIP against this year, something tells me that will improve.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Keston just needs to be done for the year. He is terrible.

He is 4 for his last 9.

They are all terrible this year. Other than expectations, I don't know why Hiura gets singled out.

It's optics. It's seems like every time I see an at-bat from him, he is K'ing on a high fastball.

He is 4 for his last 9.

They are all terrible this year. Other than expectations, I don't know why Hiura gets singled out.

It's optics. It's seems like every time I see an at-bat from him, he is K'ing on a high fastball.

No doubt he's been disappointing. We definitely need a big return to last year's form in 2021 for him next year because we are absolutely counting on him and Yelich to be the heart of our offense for the next 5 years.

He is 4 for his last 9.

Unless they tweak his mechanics a little bit you're going to see a lot more of it next year as well. You can't have that extreme of a launch angle without creating a hole at the belt

I don't get what anybody sees in lauer.

Way below average stuff and poor control.

It would be one thing if he had an electric arm or crazy movement but he has neither.

Agreed. It's way different watching Corbin Burnes or Freddy Peralta struggle than a guy like Lauer. Brewers got robbed in my view.

Unless they tweak his mechanics a little bit you're going to see a lot more of it next year as well. You can't have that extreme of a launch angle without creating a hole at the belt

It's like he's sold out with his swing to try to make himself into a 40 HR guy. Yeah, in a full season he will probably do that, but he's also going to bat .210 and K 200 times.

I don't get what anybody sees in lauer.

Way below average stuff and poor control.

It would be one thing if he had an electric arm or crazy movement but he has neither.

Agreed. It's way different watching Corbin Burnes or Freddy Peralta struggle than a guy like Lauer. Brewers got robbed in my view.

The optics certainly aren't good right now, but in the end this is probably the type of trade that can't be judged for a good 4-5 seasons.

Well at least the Padres have come back to take a 3-1 lead on the Giants in the second game of their double header.

Moose with two home runs this evening, looks like the Reds are going to clinch a playoff spot tonight.

Edit: Now down to a 3-2 lead for the Padres and Dinelson Lamet appears to be leaving with an injury.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived