Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-25, Game 2: Brewers (Lindblom) at Cardinals (Ponce de Leon) [Brewers lose, 9-1]

Eye Black
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don’t think Lauer is quite as terrible as everyone is making him out to be here.

He's not this bad, but I don't really see the upside that others see, either. This isn't Josh Hader stuff.

Doesn't throw hard but at least he doesn't have control as well.

I don’t think Lauer is quite as terrible as everyone is making him out to be here.

He's not this bad, but I don't really see the upside that others see, either. This isn't Josh Hader stuff.

I’m not saying he’s Josh Hader (or ever will be) by any stretch, but I think he can been an okay backend starter or middle reliever. That isn’t exciting, but it also doesn’t deserve being called “garbage”.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Well we have seen him four times and he has been terrible three of them. I dunno. Padres gave him up and they know him better than anybody. They seem to know what they are doing in the front office.

I’m not saying he’s Josh Hader (or ever will be) by any stretch, but I think he can been an okay backend starter or middle reliever. That isn’t exciting, but it also doesn’t deserve being called “garbage”.

Well....what he's showing tonight and has shown this year is the definition of garbage.

I hope he can get to the point where he's an okay backend starter or middle reliever, but at this point he doesn't even belong on an MLB roster much less fit either of those definitions.

I know you are trying to be positive but you also seem to like Urias and both of them have been terrible.

I don't want to see any of these ham and eggers that Stearns brought in here back next year. Not one. Gyorko's been good but I don't see him duplicating this next year. Rooting for this team is like nails on a chalkboard, and it's all Stearns's fault. I'm going to need psychotherapy on Monday when this nightmare finally comes to an end.

Win two in a row and we have the tiebreaker over STL, meaning they would have to sweep their DH vs. Detroit to get in over us. Also would have the tiebreaker over SF in event of a tie. Lose the tiebreaker to the Phillies, Marlins and Reds.

Need the Padres to win tonight.

I don't want to see any of these ham and eggers that Stearns brought in here back next year. Not one. Gyorko's been good but I don't see him duplicating this next year. Rooting for this team is like nails on a chalkboard, and it's all Stearns's fault. I'm going to need psychotherapy on Monday when this nightmare finally comes to an end.

No doubt this has been the least enjoyable Brewers team in quite awhile. Not only are they bad but they are boring and a pretty unlikeable bunch.

Well we have seen him four times and he has been terrible three of them. I dunno. Padres gave him up and they know him better than anybody. They seem to know what they are doing in the front office.

Well if he’s had three bad outings they should probably cut him I guess. Corbin Burnes gave up 11 home runs in his first four outings (17 innings) last season, I can’t believe the held onto him either.

Well if he’s had three bad outings they should probably cut him I guess. Corbin Burnes gave up 11 home runs in his first four outings (17 innings) last season, I can’t believe the held onto him either.

Difference being that Burnes has elite stuff and looked great in 2018. Lauer just looks like a run of the mill junkball lefty with control issues.

No doubt this has been the least enjoyable Brewers team in quite awhile. Not only are they bad but they are boring and a pretty unlikeable bunch.

Watching this team play baseball is like eating nothing but lettuce everyday.

Yes it's technically food but it's neither enjoyable nor filling.

We don't need to cut him but it's a far cry from your he seems ok to me take. He's been in Appleton because he sucks. That's all I'm saying. Nothing I have seen tonight makes me think bringing him back was a good call.

I know you are trying to be positive but you also seem to like Urias and both of them have been terrible.

Look, I’m not ready to pull the rip cord every time something doesn’t go well. I can show you comments from posters last April that were ready to be done with Brandon Woodruff as a starting pitcher. I get that the definition of the IGT is to be reactionary to what’s occurring, I do it plenty as well. I also think lets maybe wait a little bit before we make every definitive judgement.

Watching this team play baseball is like eating nothing but lettuce everyday.

Yes it's technically food but it's neither enjoyable nor filling.

Or celery. That's worse. And more accurate.

Look, I’m not ready to pull the rip cord every time something doesn’t go well. I can show you comments from posters last April that were ready to be done with Brandon Woodruff as a starting pitcher. I get that the definition of the IGT is to be reactionary to what’s occurring, I do it plenty as well. I also think lets maybe wait a little bit before we make every definitive judgement.

+1

Of course, I've been on Hiura's case, but that is with the caveat that he is young and extremely talented, so that makes his performance this year all the more frustrating.

Archived