Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-25, Game 2: Brewers (Lindblom) at Cardinals (Ponce de Leon) [Brewers lose, 9-1]

Eye Black
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think I was the only one who questioned the Garcia signing at the time. Another right handed hitting outfielder didn't seem like something of a huge need at the time. Granted Lo Cain opting out made it makes sense but we didn't know that at the time. He just doesn't seem happy or energetic at all. I don't think he's going anywhere but man I would like to move on from him this offseason.

Nothing says huge September game like Craig Coshun. He's terrible

I wish they would invest in one dedicated #2 guy next year who can do the play by play whenever BA cuts out. They're literally on the fourth option. The Jace Peterson of broadcasting if you will.

LOL Sums it up well.

I don't think I was the only one who questioned the Garcia signing at the time. Another right handed hitting outfielder didn't seem like something of a huge need at the time. Granted Lo Cain opting out made it makes sense but we didn't know that at the time. He just doesn't seem happy or energetic at all. I don't think he's going anywhere but man I would like to move on from him this offseason.

I hated the signing from day one.

Well the Giants entered the final inning (7th) of the first game of their double header against the Padres winning 5-1. They are imploding and it’s now 5-3 with no outs and runners at the corners.

Edit: Now 5-4 with one out.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Odds of Braun coming back on a 1-year? 6-8 mil or so?

He definitely hasn't played well enough to be worth the option. 6-8 seems a little high, i don't think he's going to have a big market for his services.

Maybe 4-5M if there's mutual interest on a return.

Maybe a 1yr - $10M deal. They’re stuck with $4M no matter what so another $6M to have a pretty good bat would be good with me. Especially if the DH is here to stay.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This team cannot afford to spend that kind of money on him imo. Maybe 2-3??

Well they need to spend $4 million to buy him out regardless, so I think Cool Hand Lucroy was suggesting that total would include the buyout $.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

We're getting some good swings in. Expect a run or a few for the Crew next inning.

We said that after the first only to watch the Spanish explorer strike out the side in the 2nd.

Well, they continued to hit the ball hard. Just can't find any holes.

Archived