Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-25, Game 1: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Suter) [Brewers win, 3-0 -- Excellent start from Suter; Williams and Hader finish it off]

Eye Black

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone mentioned yesterday that the Brewers are basically playing the Cardinals in a 5-game playoff series, and based on the standings that is looking like a very accurate assessment. Likely have to win 3 of the next 4 games to get in.

Pitching matchups for the remainder of the week...

Suter vs. Flaherty

Lindblom vs. Ponce de Leon

Woodruff vs. Wainwright

Anderson vs. TBD

Not just “at Night” anymore.

One win today to stay alive. Two to put us back in good position. I think if we have a small lead after five I'd try to go to Williams for two to close it out. Then go to Hader for two in the same situation in the night game.

During the last couple doubleheaders we've used both of them in the same game. I understand that strategy but it leaves us with a rocky bullpen for the other game.

After last nights sluggish pace, we should at least plow through the first 7 innings in about an hour if Suter is on his game.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

So Burnes was hurt......in case there was any doubt

So it wasn't the bright lights after all?

Different day, same ole prick responses from you around here. You could make a living out of them. :laughing Move on guy. He got hurt as the game wore on but didn't throw the ball well from the first pitch. Is what it is at this point and we are on to game 2.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Obviously you don't write Uriaa off at this point in his career, but it sucks that they obviously believe he isn't good enough to contribute right now in an already bad lineup.

I did not ever expect Jedd Gyorko to be our best offseason move.

Archived