Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-24: Brewers (Burnes) at Cardinals (Kim) [Brewers lose, 4-2]

Eye Black
Can this offense for once pick up the pitching and win one?

Odds are probably no, but this is 2020, so they could score another 10 runs, or they could not register a single hit the rest of the game...

So you’re saying that they might score runs or they might not score runs

Gotcha

exactly...lol

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can’t burn everyone with the doubleheader tomorrow. Someone might have to wear one eventually here.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Kershaw has won a few Cy Young’s and I seem to remember him struggling in some big games...........very good pitchers can struggle at anytime........they aren’t machines.

Nah, they just aren't ready for the "bright lights."

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Were the lights bright enough in the playoffs in 2018, or did that not count?

I could see it being different. 2018 was a team accomplishment. This is Burnes in the spotlight by himself.

I guess I don't really see a huge distinction. The guy has pitched in plenty high-leverage situations.

He didn't have his best stuff and it's strange to hear people questioning his toughness or whether he's ready for the bright lights. He's had a really good season and he's hardly the reason this team is dead in the water (unless they're going to surprise us).

I'm not trying to be a jerk and I realize people are upset in the in-game thread because I've been there plenty but Burnes has probably been one of the few bright spots this year. He didn't have his best stuff, or wasn't 100%, but c'mon now... some of these comments.. (not saying your comment was over-the-top)..

I’ll clarify that I didn’t agree with the op, however I can see a distinction between a personal milestone vs. a team milestone in regards to succumbing to pressure. Again, I don’t think that was the case here.

Archived