Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-24: Brewers (Burnes) at Cardinals (Kim) [Brewers lose, 4-2]

Eye Black
Cy Young winners show up in these games. Hopefully this season is a building block for Burnes moving forward into becoming one of the best starters in the NL.

Nice backtrack, and he hasn't won a Cy Young. Just stop.

There is no backtrack. It was a disappointing start for a guy that looked like he might be ready to be the guy. I guess we will now wait for next season to see where that head is at if we get in these types of games again.

Once again, he is/was hurt, has nothing to do with his head. Why do you want to die on that hill?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can this offense for once pick up the pitching and win one?

Odds are probably no, but this is 2020, so they could score another 10 runs, or they could not register a single hit the rest of the game...

So you’re saying that they might score runs or they might not score runs

Gotcha

Short outing and injury from Burnes and Peralta on the paternity list.

Hard to see how the Brewers are going to make it through this weekend.

The Cubs have given the Cardinals a chance to win the division and they might just take it.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Nice backtrack, and he hasn't won a Cy Young. Just stop.

There is no backtrack. It was a disappointing start for a guy that looked like he might be ready to be the guy. I guess we will now wait for next season to see where that head is at if we get in these types of games again.

Once again, he is/was hurt, has nothing to do with his head. Why do you want to die on that hill?

Seems too convenient.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

We shall see with the situation. Do I think he’s faking something? Don’t know one way or another. I’d hope not. But I have my high doubts they allow the future of the rotation to start the game with any sort of back or side pain. He pitched crappy from the start. It’s okay to note that and have the opinion that he may not be ready for these types of starts. You can still be a Burnes guy and be very disappointed in how he came out tonight.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Were the lights bright enough in the playoffs in 2018, or did that not count?

I could see it being different. 2018 was a team accomplishment. This is Burnes in the spotlight by himself.

I guess I don't really see a huge distinction. The guy has pitched in plenty high-leverage situations.

He didn't have his best stuff and it's strange to hear people questioning his toughness or whether he's ready for the bright lights. He's had a really good season and he's hardly the reason this team is dead in the water (unless they're going to surprise us).

I'm not trying to be a jerk and I realize people are upset in the in-game thread because I've been there plenty but Burnes has probably been one of the few bright spots this year. He didn't have his best stuff, or wasn't 100%, but c'mon now... some of these comments.. (not saying your comment was over-the-top)..

Cy Young winners show up in these games. Hopefully this season is a building block for Burnes moving forward into becoming one of the best starters in the NL.

If he needed a massager on a core muscle between innings that’s on CC for letting him go back out. I give Burnes a ton of credit for trying to gut through something he shouldn’t have been allowed to do.

He gained some standing in my book, but if you want to dump on him, you do you.

I was screaming at the Tv/my Wife/my kids/ anyone who was near my that he was hurt. Now we find out CC knew?? Terrible.

Archived