Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-24: Brewers (Burnes) at Cardinals (Kim) [Brewers lose, 4-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And yet, more runs are scored per game now than when they used to bunt all the time.

Keep in mind the new stadiums are much more hitter friendly as far as foul territory and short porches.

And pitchers throw harder than they ever have. All of them.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

And yet, more runs are scored per game now than when they used to bunt all the time.

That’s not necessarily true. To me the argument is if current baseball can played with a more contact based strategy then it is now. Maybe it can’t because of the style of pitching

But to make a blanket statement that 2020 baseball scores more run than other styles because we’ve figured out the analytics from other eras isn’t true

So far this home plate ump has been solid on the ball/strike calls. That definitely seems like a rarity this year.

Edit: Literally the second I hit submit he calls Braun for a strike on a pitch well outside the strike zone. LOL.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I'm definitely not a bunt all the time guy but considering all the factors that was a prime spot for it. Urias isn't hitting and the guy on the mound has an era under two. It would be huge to take the lead for once. I just don't get it.

The next guy struck out. The following guy had a soft liner. Run still doesn’t score.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm definitely not a bunt all the time guy but considering all the factors that was a prime spot for it. Urias isn't hitting and the guy on the mound has an era under two. It would be huge to take the lead for once. I just don't get it.

The next guy struck out. The following guy had a soft liner. Run still doesn’t score.

If all he needed was to put a ball in play instead of getting a hit it changes the ab. That goes without saying.

Archived