Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-24: Brewers (Burnes) at Cardinals (Kim) [Brewers lose, 4-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Going to hit 50 pitches in 2 innings.

Just in time for tomorrow’s double header.

Not great timing for what looks to be an inevitable short start from Burnes tonight. With Freddy Peralta gone I think we’re likely to see Eric Lauer at some point today or tomorrow.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I understand it never happens but I remember the days when you had your ace on the mound in a big game. You had the chance to jump on top and put a run on the board. You get a leadoff double so you bunt with your weak hitting infielder to move the runner up. You get a run in and put some pressure on the other team. Those were the days.

I understand it never happens but I remember the days when you had your ace on the mound in a big game. You had the chance to jump on top and put a run on the board. You get a leadoff double so you bunt with your weak hitting infielder to move the runner up. You get a run in and put some pressure on the other team. Those were the days.

Yep. Now it’s just swing for the fences everyone.

And then strikeout.

And yet, more runs are scored per game now than when they used to bunt all the time.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived