Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-24: Brewers (Burnes) at Cardinals (Kim) [Brewers lose, 4-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess I don't really know why they'd go with Sogard here.

I can't figure out why he's still in the team.

That's why! Good call Craig, that's why you manage and I type things on a website!

To be fair, if they let Sogard stink up there joint all year so he could hit a single in the ninth inning of a losing effort, maybe he should be writing things on a website!

And so we approach that time of year when we’re reminded yet again that baseball is a veil of tears, one that is unlikely to ever fully lift in our lifetimes. We get but a fleeting glimpse or two of the heavens above, before the shroud descends again.

Fall is upon us, and the boys of summer will soon be gone. One, #39, is already gone in body (goodnight, sweet prince), the other, #22, is gone in spirit. We are not long to follow.

Dario Melendez is a douche and Jerry Augustine has said "You gotta score some runs" like 10 times in the last 30 seconds. So what I'm trying to say is where the hell did I put the remote and how can anybody watch these pre and post game shows?

I hope Milwaukee trades Yelich to anyone who will take his horrible contract even if all we get back is a mediocre Single A prospect

That's probably not a very good idea.

He’s been awful this year ... I’d rather spend the money on several decent players than one underperforming superstar

Braun never had a year this bad in his lengthy contract

I wonder if the Brewers were stealing signs the last few years

They have been dreadful at the plate all year ... with just a few games where they hammered the ball

They don’t deserve to make the playoffs with this offense

I would love to have seen Braun get an at bat ... but Yelich had another strikeout

Burnes was absolutely rock solid in the playoffs in 2018. To insinuate that somehow he can't handle pressure to me just doesn't make any sense. It's not like we weren't in a playoff race 5 days ago and the pressure is just that much greater now.

He did not have his best stuff tonight, it happens. We have gotten spoiled by him being nearly perfect every outing, the reality is that sometimes he will not be. It's not like he got tagged for 7 runs.

Unfortunately the offense was not there to pick him up tonight.

I guess I don't really know why they'd go with Sogard here.

I can't figure out why he's still in the team.

That's why! Good call Craig, that's why you manage and I type things on a website!

It is a sad state of affairs if one of your best hitters is Sogard...

Dario Melendez is a douche and Jerry Augustine has said "You gotta score some runs" like 10 times in the last 30 seconds. So what I'm trying to say is where the hell did I put the remote and how can anybody watch these pre and post game shows?

Augustine drives me crazy but he is right. It is hard to win games when you can't score. This bunch cannot put the ball in play or move runners over. Frustrating to watch, frankly.

Burnes was absolutely rock solid in the playoffs in 2018. To insinuate that somehow he can't handle pressure to me just doesn't make any sense. It's not like we weren't in a playoff race 5 days ago and the pressure is just that much greater now.

He did not have his best stuff tonight, it happens. We have gotten spoiled by him being nearly perfect every outing, the reality is that sometimes he will not be. It's not like he got tagged for 7 runs.

Unfortunately the offense was not there to pick him up tonight.

Outside of a dozen or so games our offense has been in hibernation all season. IMO pitching is not the problem with this club.

I would bet against every NL Central team in the playoffs. Every one of these teams are terrible.

Even the Reds?

The Reds suck. They really do. They got hot a week ago. They'll probably drop at least two this weekend to the Twins. That team is not very good.

Of the teams in the Central both AL and NL only the Twins (102) and the White Sox (116) have a WRC+ above average.

I would bet against every NL Central team in the playoffs. Every one of these teams are terrible.

Even the Reds?

The Reds suck. They really do. They got hot a week ago. They'll probably drop at least two this weekend to the Twins. That team is not very good.

I hate to think what that says for us as I think the Reds have pretty clearly a more talented roster than we do. Sonny Gray is their #3 as they have two Cy Young caliber starting pitchers in front of him.

Similar to us, a lot of their position players are going through down years, but at their best they have some pretty good ones. Yelich is better than any of them, but that isn't doing us much good right now.

I'd say our pen is definitely superior but that's about as far as it goes.

In addition to having to use up the bullpen a bit last night, Devin Williams warmed up in the pen when the Brewers put together a “threat” in the 9th inning. I’m sure he’s fine to throw today when needed, but certainly not ideal to have the start of the 5-game series play out the way it did.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

I hate to think what that says for us as I think the Reds have pretty clearly a more talented roster than we do. Sonny Gray is their #3 as they have two Cy Young caliber starting pitchers in front of him.

Similar to us, a lot of their position players are going through down years, but at their best they have some pretty good ones. Yelich is better than any of them, but that isn't doing us much good right now.

I'd say our pen is definitely superior but that's about as far as it goes.

The Reds have more recognizable names. They spent more money in the offseason. That's it. They are going up against the afar superior team this weekend in the Twins, and I expect that the Twins will trounce them.

Of course, most of my predictions have gone wrong this year, so take that with a grain of salt.

Even the Reds?

Yes they do, but if they continue to play like they are right now ya never know...

Archived