Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-24: Brewers (Burnes) at Cardinals (Kim) [Brewers lose, 4-2]

Eye Black

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If nothing else, last nights loss lowered expectations for me. If they happen to win 3 of 5, great. But I expect them to tease and just barely miss the playoffs at this point.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If nothing else, last nights loss lowered expectations for me. If they happen to win 3 of 5, great. But I expect them to tease and just barely miss the playoffs at this point.

I think it's extremely unlikely, but I envision the scenario where we take 3 then have to sit around Monday watching St. Louis beat Detroit in a double header to eliminate us. That seems the most Fate of a Brewers Fan of outcomes.

I think it's extremely unlikely, but I envision the scenario where we take 3 then have to sit around Monday watching St. Louis beat Detroit in a double header to eliminate us. That seems the most Fate of a Brewers Fan of outcomes.

I think if they win 3 of 5, they are likely in at least in one of the Wild Card spots. All the other teams they are battling for those final few spots have very tough matchups this weekend. Winning 4 gets them a spot for sure, though. It sure appears like the Cardinals are gassed, too.

It really too bad the Brewers couldn't have found a way to take a few more of those close games this year, because the Cubs are once again crawling to the finish line. Dropped two of three to the Twins last weekend, and have dropped two straight to the Pirates, and are down once again 3-0 in their day game today. They have a tough series set for this weekend against the White Sox, too.

It really too bad the Brewers couldn't have found a way to take a few more of those close games this year, because the Cubs are once again crawling to the finish line. Dropped two of three to the Twins last weekend, and have dropped two straight to the Pirates, and are down once again 3-0 in their day game today. They have a tough series set for this weekend against the White Sox, too.

True. Given how drastically the Brewers underperformed at the plate, it's not a stretch to say they could easily be in a better position than the Cubs right now, who've had similar problems with Rizzo, Bryant, and Baez.

Even if Yelich had been very good this year (and not even godlike) and if Narvaez had any bat whatsoever could have made this a totally different season. Not to mention the early to mid Avi struggles, Smoak all season, Hiura strikeouts, etc.

I get it, there's a lefty pitching. But at this point I'd be content with playing Braun in RF and DH'ing Vogelbach. At least he's been a bright spot in our offense.

His career numbers vs lefties are horrible.

The reason he’s been a bright spot is because he’s only playing vs righties.

I fault myself for having grown used to the September stretch drives where Counsell uses the full depth of the 40 man roster to create versatile lineups and deploy pitchers where their skills can best be utilized. It only takes a brief scan of our lineups each night to realize that the team just doesn't have the depth and talent that we deployed in 2018 and 2019. I've been a Brewer fan since 1978. If we can eek out a playoff birth with this roster I'll consider it a major accomplishment. Go Brewers.

I fault myself for having grown used to the September stretch drives where Counsell uses the full depth of the 40 man roster to create versatile lineups and deploy pitchers where their skills can best be utilized. It only takes a brief scan of our lineups each night to realize that the team just doesn't have the depth and talent that we deployed in 2018 and 2019. I've been a Brewer fan since 1978. If we can eek out a playoff birth with this roster I'll consider it a major accomplishment. Go Brewers.

Well said and I agree.

It’s amazing we have a chance with this roster and Yelich and Hiura playing so poorly relative to expectations.

I get it, there's a lefty pitching. But at this point I'd be content with playing Braun in RF and DH'ing Vogelbach. At least he's been a bright spot in our offense.

His career numbers vs lefties are horrible.

The reason he’s been a bright spot is because he’s only playing vs righties.

A nice bonus to him not starting... when the Cards bring in a righty reliever, CC can cherry pick a spot in the next three batters to pinch hit Vogelbach if he'd like.

Throwing 24 pitches in the 1st inning isn’t ideal, but getting out of it unscathed is a victory. I don’t think I’d throw that hanging curveball right down the middle to Carpenter again (or to anyone for that matter).
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived