Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-23: Brewers (Houser) at Reds (Bauer) [Brewers lose, 6-1 -- Offense gets dominated by Bauer; Houser’s struggles against left handed hitters continues]

Eye Black
  • Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep..Bauer, Braun, Puig...love em if they're yours, hate em if they're not.

Contreras and Biaz. Wainright. Also pretty much every punch and judy hitter from the Pirates who has given the Brewers fits over the years.

I wonder if I’d still despise Yadi if he would have been on the Brewers.

This team would be how many wins better if Cain didn't opt out?? 2-3??

If Cain stayed as close to as hot as he was at the plate to start the year, and he eliminated the need for all the pathetic Peterson at bats, I’d say that’s worth at least 3 wins.

I was thinking about that earlier today actually. Cain looked very good in the few games he played before opting out. I think there's a solid chance he would have rebounded substantially from his down 2019 offensive year.

Yep..Bauer, Braun, Puig...love em if they're yours, hate em if they're not.

Contreras and Biaz. Wainright. Also pretty much every punch and judy hitter from the Pirates who has given the Brewers fits over the years.

If the Brewers would have pulled off the rumored Manny Machado trade attempt during the midseason in 2018 I think Brewers fans would’ve loved him. Now they all despise him.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I was thinking about that earlier today actually. Cain looked very good in the few games he played before opting out. I think there's a solid chance he would have rebounded substantially from his down 2019 offensive year. I would say 2-3 wins is a safe, perhaps even conservative estimate.

I thought he looked great in the games he played. As a slightly older player a short sprint would have served him well. Defensively he's worth at least one win. Then tack on the offense that we have missed. Throw in a dash of speed I think 3 is pretty close.

If Cain stayed as close to as hot as he was at the plate to start the year, and he eliminated the need for all the pathetic Peterson at bats, I’d say that’s worth at least 3 wins.

Peterson - .346 wOBA, 115 wRC+

Yelich - .347 wOBA, 115 wRC+

Archived