Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-23: Brewers (Houser) at Reds (Bauer) [Brewers lose, 6-1 -- Offense gets dominated by Bauer; Houser’s struggles against left handed hitters continues]

Eye Black
Errors happen, but Hiura makes some of the worst throws I’ve ever seen from a professional ball player.

It's tough to see how he sticks in the field. It reminds me a lot of Braun at 3rd. I think the DH is here to stay, but I don't think that's how they envisioned Hiura's career.

But if he can't stick at 2nd he's not a fit anywhere.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was out and just caught up to the game on the DVR. Two comments:

1. On last night’s thread when they said that Votto was 0 for his last 30 against the Brewers, I posrted that there was a 95% probability that he would homer in his next AB. I was off by one.

2. The next time I hear that Hiura has improved his defense I’m going to puke.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Why with Claudio? Counsell has been as bad as his hitters this season.

I think the plan was get Votto out. Sort of pitch around Suarez and/or see if he gets himself out and then get Moustakas. Plan obviously changed with no ability to have a backup plan when Votto reached. That's why I don't really want Claudio on the team. He's way too specialized where everything has to go perfectly for him to be usable.

Archived