Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-22: Brewers (Anderson) at Reds (Gray) [Brewers win, 3-2 -- Anderson strong over 6.0 IP with 7 K, 1 ER; Devin Williams does more Devin Willams things; Hader shuts the door in the 9th]

Eye Black
The biggest concern with Urias for me is he just doesn't appear to have any kind of thump in his bat. He seems to be swinging a wiffle ball bat. Ugh.

Really hoping that is due to his broken hamate in early spring. That's typically a rough injury to recover from power-wise for awhile. He's never been a prolific power guy until last year in AAA, but he's always been young for his level too.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It amazes me how Vogelbach just flicks his wrists at a ball and it’s a 99-mph exit velocity. I hope the DH is here to stay.

He actually seems better at 1B than I figured he'd be. He's far from the ideal body type you want there, but for how big he is, he's pretty nimble and has quick reflexes.

Anyone see that shot of the Reds dugout with film of the Reds facing the Brewers at Miller Park? I didn't realize that was something that upcoming hitters did to prepare for at bats. Makes sense that they would, just didn't think that was the case.

Well-well. Hell yes!!

What a great day of pitching and some timely hitting.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived