Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-22: Brewers (Anderson) at Reds (Gray) [Brewers win, 3-2 -- Anderson strong over 6.0 IP with 7 K, 1 ER; Devin Williams does more Devin Willams things; Hader shuts the door in the 9th]

Eye Black
I was criticized heavily for posting that the Reds were going to be a team to recon with this season...

Looks like they are in fact, a team to recon with this season.

They were everyones darkhorse pick to win the division.

lol

Not on this board...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was criticized heavily for posting that the Reds were going to be a team to recon with this season...

Looks like they are in fact, a team to recon with this season.

They are 28-27 after a 8-2 hot streak over their last 10. Granted they have seemingly gotten hot at the right time, but they've pretty much been trash all summer. Spent a ton of money for some pretty middling results.

Consider Sogard resigned for 2021.

lol, I was just going to type that exact same thing...

He's actually been used correctly over the last couple weeks ... barely seeing the field except in an occasional pinch hit appearance and late inning defensive replacement capacity. I'd be ok with him coming back, on the condition he starts only once every week or so.

Williams is a stud

And really kind of out of nowhere this year. I mean, he looked ok in his few innings last year, but I figured if he even made the team this year, it would be as a mop-up, get-your-feet-wet kind of guy. There was really nothing to point to last year that would indicate the dominance he's shown this year.

Williams is a stud

And really kind of out of nowhere this year. I mean, he looked ok in his few innings last year, but I figured if he even made the team this year, it would be as a mop-up, get-your-feet-wet kind of guy. There was really nothing to point to last year that would indicate the dominance he's shown this year.

Agreed. I wonder if we took a poll of who is the bigger surprise this season Burnes or Williams what the take would be. I gotta say Williams

Williams is a stud

He’s relying on the change way more this year and it’s made the fastball better......change is also slower this season so bigger speed differential to cover

I didn't like the Anderson and Gyorko signings. Was excited about Smoak and Morrison. Was super excited about Holt.

I would suck at being a GM.

This is exactly why I only make my armchair GM moves in hindsight.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived