Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-22: Brewers (Anderson) at Reds (Gray) [Brewers win, 3-2 -- Anderson strong over 6.0 IP with 7 K, 1 ER; Devin Williams does more Devin Willams things; Hader shuts the door in the 9th]

Eye Black
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's just a really bad bench. I understand why they threw a lot of darts to try fill the bench and lineup this year but unfortunately they missed the board with almost all of them.

I realize Pomeranz was very good for us late last year, but it's too bad Dubon never got more opportunity here. He'd be a great fit, especially being young and cost-controlled.

Dubon's .713 OPS this year isn't exactly screaming "missed opportunity". In comparison, Jace Peterson's OPS currently sits at .787. Granted stats far from tell the whole story, especially this year, but Dubon, at least to me, looks like another "dime a dozen" utility guy.

The point wasn't that Dubon is awesome. It was that Dubon provides more production than our existing options at a fraction of the cost. We spent 8M alone just for Sogard and Holt. That's not very efficient spending.

Peterson raised his OPS like 150 points last night because he's had very few PAs this season. Like Sogard, Peterson has plenty of an MLB track record to know the mediocrity you'll get eventually.

Why isn’t Urias playing 2nd base my gosh.

CC...............................MUST.................................START.....................................................................PETERSON.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived