Brewer Fanatic

Brewers control their own faith

brewmann04

Getting game 1 here would be huge with Woodruff. Top of my head I think his last start was just so-so, so he's due for a good one tonight. Gray pitches tomorrow fresh off a DL stint I think for back issues, so who knows what you're getting there but its a good bet they're not getting last year or earlier this year level Gray.

Sure would be nice to dump on the Cards over the weekend and make the playoffs while eliminating them. I know in history it's usually the opposite, so it would be great to do it to them. Preferably with Braun delivering some kind of game winner on them.

I've been somewhat not into it this year with the weird year and the team being not great, plus NBA playoffs, but I think I'll be dialed in this week to see what happens

In 2017, it took all 162 games for the Brewers to miss the playoff by one game (when everyone was hoping for another top 10 pick coming into the season).

In 2018, they needed to play a 163rd game to figure out who won the division & who was a wild card.

In 2019, the Brewers did not punch their postseason ticket until the 158th game.

Four straight falls of compelling baseball with postseason implications sure has been a wild ride.

Brewers offense needs to show up this week. Way too many strikeouts again last night, and unproductive outs with men on base. The pitching will be there, consistent offensive production has been a question pretty much all year.

Another 3 Ks for Hiura last night. I know he occasionally runs into one, and it typically goes a long way, but for the most part, his at-bats have been disgusting this season. It's gotten to the point where I get up and leave the room during his at-bats, because it's so disappointing watching a player who has so much skill and talent, but evidently has no clue how to use it. I believe that Hiura has tremendous upside, but he's gotta get on top of his swing-and-miss tendencies, or I fear he's not going to have a long career. Thankfully he is very young, and there's still a lot of time for him to figure it out.

Brewers offense needs to show up this week. Way too many strikeouts again last night, and unproductive outs with men on base. The pitching will be there, consistent offensive production has been a question pretty much all year.

Another 3 Ks for Hiura last night. I know he occasionally runs into one, and it typically goes a long way, but for the most part, his at-bats have been disgusting this season. It's gotten to the point where I get up and leave the room during his at-bats, because it's so disappointing watching a player who has so much skill and talent, but evidently has no clue how to use it. I believe that Hiura has tremendous upside, but he's gotta get on top of his swing-and-miss tendencies, or I fear he's not going to have a long career. Thankfully he is very young, and there's still a lot of time for him to figure it out.

For all of the "contact hitters" Stearns brought in this year, here we are tied for 3rd most strikeouts in the league again this year.

For all of the "contact hitters" Stearns brought in this year, here we are tied for 3rd most strikeouts in the league again this year.

Look no further than Yelich and Hiura for a big helping hand with that.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm honestly surprised we aren't 1st by a wide margin.

He's played below replacement level for sure this year. Makes me wonder how bad the hitters in our minor league system are when our stars are worse then what a random AAA guy would supposedly put up.

Archived