Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-19: Royals (Bubic) at Brewers (Burnes) [Brewers win, 5-0 -- Burnes (7 IP), Williams (2 IP), Rasmussen (1 IP) combine on shutout]

Eye Black
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I might be totally wrong on this but my memory tells me Nottingham was picked up long ago as a bat-first catcher. It looks like his bat might be finally catching up after having a bit of a struggle the last few years. I really like his defense, I wasn't expecting a ton but he looks awesome back there.

Nottingham is having a weekend! That feels like a huge run.

Not just this weekend. He's firmly resurrected his career, and is going to force the Brewers to make a very tough decision on whether they want to pair him with Pina or Narvaez next season. He's had a very nice audition.

The only decision is which one is gone next year. Nottingham is in. IMO.

It might time for a discussion on exactly what are we seeing here with Devin Williams. I mean yeah he's good but my goodness is he just Jefferies from 2018 or is he potentially the next Bruce Sutter.

I’m not sure what we got but as good as JJ was that 1 year I don’t think he was ever this good......obviously the sample is tiny but the hitters know by now he us going to throw that change and they still can’t hit it.

Not sure why you walk Yelich in that situation. Yes he is Yelich but he hasn't been Yelich all season it would have made more sense to pitch to Yelich there than to walk him but that is why Matheny is coaching for the Royals and not a team that has a chance to make it to the playoffs.

Nottingham is having a weekend! That feels like a huge run.

Not just this weekend. He's firmly resurrected his career, and is going to force the Brewers to make a very tough decision on whether they want to pair him with Pina or Narvaez next season. He's had a very nice audition.

Can you imagine if, after Brewers fans bemoaning the Khris Davis trade for years, Jacob Nottingham indeed develops into an above average MLB catcher.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Was Rasmussen drafted as a reliever? Was he a starter in college?

Mostly has been a 2 pitch guy but who knows if he added another pitch maybe......

He was a starter at Oregon State, but had two Tommy John surgeries, so I think that by the time the Brewers took him, it was understood that his future was in relief. The Rays had previously drafted him in the 1st round as a starter though.

Archived