Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-19: Royals (Bubic) at Brewers (Burnes) [Brewers win, 5-0 -- Burnes (7 IP), Williams (2 IP), Rasmussen (1 IP) combine on shutout]

Eye Black
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well it appears the Pirates are on the brink of having a 4-run lead evaporate.

It’s gone. If you count on help from teams like the Pirates you’re likely to be disappointed. Be thankful that they’ve already won 4 from the Cardinals this year.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

So is Hader coming in for the 8th inning or are they going to ride Williams another inning? A little curious to see how this goes down. Scoring some runs offensively would certainly help take the drama out of these last two innings.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

It might time for a discussion on exactly what are we seeing here with Devin Williams. I mean yeah he's good but my goodness is he just Jefferies from 2018 or is he potentially the next Bruce Sutter.

Opposing teams don't have much of a book on him after only getting a few innings last year. Hitters will eventually figure out his tendencies a bit I imagine. I think 98 with a wicked change to boot is always going to play pretty well, though.

It might time for a discussion on exactly what are we seeing here with Devin Williams. I mean yeah he's good but my goodness is he just Jefferies from 2018 or is he potentially the next Bruce Sutter.

Opposing teams don't have much of a book on him after only getting a few innings last year. Hitters will eventually figure out his tendencies a bit I imagine. I think 98 with a wicked change to boot is always going to play pretty well, though.

I don’t think it’s even a true “changeup” based on the movement and spin. Some people call it a screwball. I don’t really know but the spin rate on it is well beyond any other changeup on the planet. He’s perfected the pitch it would seem, and having the ability to pair it with 98-mph gas is an impressive combo.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Nottingham is having a weekend! That feels like a huge run.

Not just this weekend. He's firmly resurrected his career, and is going to force the Brewers to make a very tough decision on whether they want to pair him with Pina or Narvaez next season. He's had a very nice audition.

Archived