Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-18: Royals (Duffy) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers win, 9-5 -- Nottingham’s go ahead grand slam turns things around]

Eye Black
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Urias is useless...Nottingham...? Much better than I expected..

Useless seems a bit harsh. It was a bad AB and he’s having a rough stretch. It sucks, but I get the feeling at times were making a lot of (inaccurate) sweeping conclusions over two months of baseball.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Alright maybe I was the only one who saw this but:

Manager comes and takes ball from Duffy

Duffy starts walking off to dugout with a ball

Bullpen pitcher comes running in with a ball.

If you ever wondered why they go through so many balls in a game.

Wow, Nottingham!!!!

It feels like the Brewers never hit grand slams.

Braun hit a pretty big one last September.

Sure, but the frequency of grand slams seems like it has to be less than other teams. I could be wrong, I’ll see if I can find it.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Useless seems a bit harsh. It was a bad AB and he’s having a rough stretch. It sucks, but I get the feeling at times were making a lot of (inaccurate) sweeping conclusions over two months of baseball.

You're right, that's harsh. I hope he comes around. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I've been disappointed. I don't get that same sense of excitement as when Hiura came up.

LOL, truer words have yet to be spoken.

It's funny. I could go back and find posts from 30 days ago where posters here were feeling really good about the Urias acquisition, labeling him a potential superstar and while I'm not counting him out just yet, that alone should be a lesson for the flavor of the week crowd.

Well. He has been nearly useless in this short stretch of baseball but that constitutes little to no evidence toward whether or not he will continue to be useless in either the near, mid-term or long-term futures.

It's funny. I could go back and find posts from 30 days ago where posters here were feeling really good about the Urias acquisition, labeling him a potential superstar and while I'm not counting him out just yet, that alone should be a lesson for the flavor of the week crowd.

Same applied for Houser after his first 2 starts this year. We tend to overrate our own.

Archived