Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-16, Game 1: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers lose, 4-2]

Eye Black
Its moves like Sogard and Peterson that really have me questioning both Counsell and Stearns. I actually liked the Holt signing because he has shown an ability throughout his career to get on base but we gave him barely any opportunities to get going.

Why was Sogard and now Peterson given an extremely long leash yet Holt and even Smoak who while not good is certainly a better player than Peterson given less chances. Both Stearns and Counsell have this affinity for middle infield types that flat out can't hit. I hate to rip into a guy like Peterson who is trying his hardest but its pretty easy to see that he should have never been an option for this roster much less playing as much as he has.

I agree 100 percent. The brewers have always been run a bit like a mom and pop shop where the favorite sons get a free pass but it seems like this year has been worse than ever. I just am shocked at the state of the roster considering where this team was just two years ago. It's hard to believe really.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived