Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-16, Game 1: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers lose, 4-2]

Eye Black

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Braun makes a passing joke at a lousy strike call. Molina is a baby like usual and gets his feelings hurt. Braun swings to drive a ball to right and Molina sticks his dumb hand out too far and gets whacked. Meanwhile, a manager feels as though that it "didn't look good" and starts an argument basically at our dugout.

Got it. Stupid Cardinals are the worst.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I think I hate the Cardinals more than the Cubs. The Cubs fans are just awful, but I don’t really mind the team as a whole. The Cardinals as an organization feel like they are holier than thou regardless of what Shildt wants to say. Maybe once Molina retires they won’t be such a classless group, but it looks like Shildt might pick up where TLR left off. A man who chucks his bat into the outfield on a walkoff hit absolutely can’t say crap about anyone else.

So Braun makes a passing joke at a lousy strike call. Molina is a baby like usual and gets his feelings hurt. Braun swings to drive a ball to right and Molina sticks his dumb hand out too far and gets whacked. Meanwhile, a manager feels as though that it "didn't look good" and starts an argument basically at our dugout.

Got it. Stupid Cardinals are the worst.

I think that pretty much covers it

Ps....prayers out to Lindblom for his loss

Not surprised about never having that kind of offensive swing in a week. I was just explaining to my daughter last night the beauty of 150 years of a sport and you can still legitimately say a few times a season 'that has never happened before'.

Lauer has resurfaced. Presumably in the roll of guy who eats innings if we get behind by 3+ runs.

LHP Eric Lauer recalled from the Alternate Training Site (29th man for doubleheader).

RHP Josh Lindblom placed on the bereavement list.

RHP Justin Topa recalled from the Alternate Training Site.

I'm just not quite ready to move past the scuffle last night. In that link above summarizing the incident, pause the video where it shows the side view of Braun's bat hitting Molina. That is essentially what the Brewers could see from their dugout. Molina gets a low strike call, Braun takes a nice dig at him (really enjoyed that), and Molina fumes and thinks "I'm going to show him, I'll move up and reach out further to make sure I get the next call too and that will really tick you off." With all that as the backdrop plus all the history between these two teams and Molina in particular, not at all surprising that some things were said from the Brewers dugout. I also love how Shildt was "standing up for our guys" by staring into the Brewers dugout, and admitting later that he was checking on Molina but also came out of his dugout with the thought that something may have been intentional on Braun's part. Nice. So very glad all this happened in a game the Brewers won by 15, which ensured that we got the last laugh.

Okay, now I'm ready to move on to today's huge doubleheader.

I think I hate the Cardinals more than the Cubs. The Cubs fans are just awful, but I don’t really mind the team as a whole. The Cardinals as an organization feel like they are holier than thou regardless of what Shildt wants to say. Maybe once Molina retires they won’t be such a classless group, but it looks like Shildt might pick up where TLR left off. A man who chucks his bat into the outfield on a walkoff hit absolutely can’t say crap about anyone else.

I hate the Cards the most and it's not even close. Spent a lot of time in St. Louis for work, and the fans are just awful. Add in the sanctimonious players and the ridiculous announcers, it's nausea-inducing.

However, the stadium area is fantastic, and taking a twenty-minute train ride and being dropped off across the street from the stadium is a beautiful thing. So, credit where it is due.

I’ll say about this game the same thing I said about Monday’s second game after Williams, Hader, and Peralta appeared in the first game.

The Brewers need 7 solid innings from Woodruff to save the bullpen for the second game.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

35 pitches through 3. Off to a good start to get deep in this one for Woody.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived