Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-15: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers win, 18-3 -- Offense comes alive; Yelich and Vogelbach lead the way with 3 hits apiece including HRs]

Eye Black
So I see the St. Louis Karens struck again.

I'm on vacation this week but after finding out about this I just had to comment. After doing some research on the game I found this quote from Karen Schildt.

Said Shildt: “Our [track] record speaks for itself. We’re not a team with a lot of incidents. Last year, we had the least amount of player ejections and manager ejections in our league.

How insecure is Shildt to just know this off the top of his head?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He also said “Uncanny how well they read (Flaherty),” says Shildt. “To their credit, evidently." From Jeff Jones, Cardinal beat writers Twitter.

It's "uncanny" whenever our offense doesn't look terrible, but he's delusional if he doesn't know that Flaherty pitched like garbage.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
He also said “Uncanny how well they read (Flaherty),” says Shildt. “To their credit, evidently." From Jeff Jones, Cardinal beat writers Twitter.

They've been crushing Flaherty since he came into the league.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Now I really want to know what Counsell said that warranted the ejection. Did he call Molina a wuss or something? I mean, Molina is a lot of not very good things, but wuss is not one of them. That dude looks like he's made of shoe leather.

Shildt also admitted to staring into the Brewers' dugout as he was checking on Molina, so my guess is that whatever was said (seemingly by Counsell) was in response to that and directed at him.

As I recall the Cards destroyed Gallardo through most of his career......he had 1 gem against them that I recall but other then that he got beat like a drum.

In retrospect it was uncanny how well they read him.........or maybe it was just a bad matchup or he pitched badly....or got hit whenever he made mistakes or lots of weak contact found holes and no line drives were ever outs?

As I recall the Cards destroyed Gallardo through most of his career......he had 1 gem against them that I recall but other then that he got beat like a drum.

In retrospect it was uncanny how well they read him.........or maybe it was just a bad matchup or he pitched badly....or got hit whenever he made mistakes or lots of weak contact found holes and no line drives were ever outs?

Or, they were in Gallardo's head...There is a lot to the mental side of this game, some players more-so than others.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Flaherty says “at the end of the day it comes down to executing,” twice asked if he thinks the Brewers knew what was coming or if he needs to check video for tips. “I think if you checked the video you’d see a lot of those pitches were over the middle.”

The correct response. You don't fit in in St. Louis, Jack.

Amazing how the St. Louis sports media did their darndest to get him to accuse the Brewers of improprieties, though.

Flaherty says “at the end of the day it comes down to executing,” twice asked if he thinks the Brewers knew what was coming or if he needs to check video for tips. “I think if you checked the video you’d see a lot of those pitches were over the middle.”

The correct response. You don't fit in in St. Louis, Jack.

Amazing how the St. Louis sports media did their darndest to get him to accuse the Brewers of improprieties, though.

Since he doesn’t fit in, maybe we can trade Arcia straight up for him. I like that idea.

Archived