Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-15: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers win, 18-3 -- Offense comes alive; Yelich and Vogelbach lead the way with 3 hits apiece including HRs]

Eye Black
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The level of chatter began to intensify a few pitches earlier, when a 2-1 pitch from Cardinals reliever Rob Kamisky to Brewers veteran Ryan Braun was called a strike by home-plate umpire John Bacon.

“No, no, no, no. That is not a strike, man,” Braun is heard telling Bacon on the Brewers’ television broadcast.

He motioned toward Molina and said to Bacon, “Just because he gets mad at you, you can’t call that a strike, man.”

Molina and Braun exchanged some more words before the at-bat continued. Two pitches later, Braun swung at a pitch and hit Molina’s left forearm as the catcher reached for the baseball. Catcher’s interference was called, and Braun headed to first base while Shildt came out to check on Molina.

Schilt and Craig were ejected after all that. Schilt I can understand but unless Craig was saying some mean things to Yadi I don't know why he would have been ejected.

surely Gameday must be lying to me when it says Vogelbach reached on an infield single in the fifth.

I just got home and honest to god, came on here to ask that exact question.

If I recall correctly, he lined one off somebodies glove and it went rolling wayward. Coulda walked to first and made it.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
How hard is Knebel throwing his fastball tonight? Not able to watch the game.

His last fastball was 96.8

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I hope they bat around next inning so I can hear, “Daniel Vogelbach is a triple shy of the cycle”.

Then, the big man actually legs out a triple to cement the legend!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

How hard is Knebel throwing his fastball tonight? Not able to watch the game.

Hit 97 on the gun in O'Neil's AB. He looked good. Curve ball was popping. Boy would it be nice if he found his location again.

Off topic, but Hader did hit 97 last night. Comment pertaining to an earlier conversation in an earlier IGT.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

This is the best Corey has looked all year and itsnot close......wow

Granted, you have to wonder how much the Cardinal hitters were ramped up to hit in a 18-3 game, but his stuff looked great tonight. If he can start pitching in some higher leverage situations, that would be huge. Maybe they wouldn't be so deathly afraid to pitch Hader more than an inning at a time with arms like Williams, Rasmussen and a rejuvenated Knebel around?

Shikdt said he heard something in the dugout.......”we don’t start things but we aren’t going to take it”

Wouldn’t say who said it or what was said

He was upset that Molina got hit with Braun’s bat after the earlier conversation between Molina and Braun......then said he didn’t blame Braun.....but “it didn’t look good”......

So that’s the story from Shildt

Shikdt said he heard something in the dugout.......”we don’t start things but we aren’t going to take it”

He was upset that Molina got hit with Braun’s bat after the earlier conversation between Molina and Braun......then said he didn’t blame Braun.....but “it didn’t look good”......

So he's saying Braun swung the bat and hit Molina's glove on purpose? On a pitch he fouled off?

OOOOKKKK. What a tool. When you look at the replay, Molina's glove was 100% in the swing radius. Braun didn't change up his swing. I suppose it's possible that be was standing further back in the box than he typically does.

So he's saying Braun swung the bat and hit Molina's glove on purpose? On a pitch he fouled off?

OOOOKKKK. What a tool. When you look at the replay, Molina's glove was 100% in the swing radius. Braun didn't change up his swing. I suppose it's possible that be was standing further back in the box than he typically does.

He made a point say he didn’t blame Braun....he was just pissed it happened .....said it was on.y the 2nd tiime it’s ever happened to Molina.......most likely a combination of them getting their asses kicjed abd the frustration that goes with that......

Kind of a strange rant he went on.....

Forgive me if all of this made it on tv, but the altercation in the 5th inning after Molina was hit started because Molina sprinted at the brewers dugout. What I've read online indicates schikdt was kinda the main guy, but Molina started it all. Also after this altercation and in between different innings, Molina was absolutely berating the home plate umpire and afterward casually walked behind the plate and continued to catch. The fact that he didn't get ejected is downright embarrassing.

Tomorrow's going to be a fun day. 14 innings of Woodruff, Suter, Williams, Hader--Rasmussen and Peralta if need be. As maligned as the offense has been this year, hopefully it barely need to show up to get a couple of wins tomorrow.

So I see the St. Louis Karens struck again.

I'm on vacation this week but after finding out about this I just had to comment. After doing some research on the game I found this quote from Karen Schildt.

Said Shildt: “Our [track] record speaks for itself. We’re not a team with a lot of incidents. Last year, we had the least amount of player ejections and manager ejections in our league. I’m not holier than thou. None of us are."

I had to bite my tongue from laughing so hard as to not wake up everyone in the house. I will try my darndest to get on here for Wednesday at least for a while to see what happens with Karen Molina, Karen Schildt and the rest of the Karens.

Archived