Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-15: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers win, 18-3 -- Offense comes alive; Yelich and Vogelbach lead the way with 3 hits apiece including HRs]

Eye Black
Last night someone said that should be Jace Peterson last ab. Counsell is not buying it. He's the new Sogard.

It was me and I'm disgusted with the way that Counsell has managed the team this season. Why can't they just play Gyorko at third and find a way to get Gamel in the game at first or one of the outfield positions. Vogelbach is clearly a DH only but that doesn't mean that Peterson should ever be in the lineup.

Yes! This is why I came to the thread today. Why not use someone with more upside? Taylor? Or even Healy I guess. At least Healy had a productive stretch in MLB.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peterson has no future with this team, he knows it, the Brewers know it, we know it, yet he continues to get playing time while guys we are unsure of sit.

ridiculous.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Hah when you guys were screaming Yelich and Braun the first thing I was thinking was that they both struck out, had to check the score to see.

Given this season, that is completely understandable.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Vogelbach is 10/27 since joining the Crew....hitting just like we all thought he would. :)
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Vogelbach is 10/27 since joining the Crew....hitting just like we all thought he would. :)

From 5-57 with Seattle and Toronto. Hit that one hard as well. Saw an article from when Seattle released him noting his exit velocity was bottom 11% in the league - chicken or egg, was part of the problem.

Gyorko saved Jace Peterson on that overthrow from 3B. With a ground ball pitcher on the mound a little surprised they have Peterson on the infield.

I’m shocked he wasn’t sent to Appleton last night

I’d much rather see Mathias on the MLB roster

It may be good to see if McKinley could help too

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I wonder if Brewers told Vogelbach to forget about hitting dingers and just worry about hitting liners to the opposite field? Could it be that easy?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived