Brewer Fanatic

Haines

Madhawk23

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that from the outside we really have no way of judging what's going on and who, if anyone, is at fault. And also that we as fans tend to overrate the (negative) impact a hitting coach can have, particularly on veterans with a proven track record, getting them to completely change their game is probably beyond most people. But at the same time, not a whole lot of good has happened to this offense since 2018 (Haines was hired after 2018), so I don't really see a positive impact either. We don't really know for sure though; maybe players are slumping for other reasons, maybe they would be even worse without him. Maybe he really is a terrible coach. Who knows.

I just know that last year I was never on the "Fire Hook" bandwagon, in fact I was against it, whereas the more I see of this offense the more I feel something needs to be done. Is that getting a new hitting coach? Maybe, I don't know.

I think that from the outside we really have no way of judging what's going on and who, if anyone, is at fault. And also that we as fans tend to overrate the (negative) impact a hitting coach can have, particularly on veterans with a proven track record, getting them to completely change their game is probably beyond most people. But at the same time, not a whole lot of good has happened to this offense since 2018 (Haines was hired after 2018), so I don't really see a positive impact either. We don't really know for sure though; maybe players are slumping for other reasons, maybe they would be even worse without him. Maybe he really is a terrible coach. Who knows.

I just know that last year I was never on the "Fire Hook" bandwagon, in fact I was against it, whereas the more I see of this offense the more I feel something needs to be done. Is that getting a new hitting coach? Maybe, I don't know.

you probably have to replace him, but i don't think he is very much to blame for the brewers offensive woes, just like he shouldn't get much credit for the players that excelled last season. Hitting coaches, atleast to me, get more blame and credit than they deserve for any players failures or successes.

you probably have to replace him, but i don't think he is very much to blame for the brewers offensive woes, just like he shouldn't get much credit for the players that excelled last season. Hitting coaches, atleast to me, get more blame and credit than they deserve for any players failures or successes.

I would move on but I also wouldn't of hired him.

He was fired as the scrubs assistant hitting coach. If this guy doesn't get fired there is absolutely no accountability whatsoever in this organization. I don't know who should replace Haines but I am fairly certain the results won't be any worse.

He was fired as the scrubs assistant hitting coach. If this guy doesn't get fired there is absolutely no accountability whatsoever in this organization. I don't know who should replace Haines but I am fairly certain the results won't be any worse.

The kiss of death for Haines may have been when he was quoted saying that he didn't know what to tell Narvaez to help him out of his slump, he would just have to figure it out for himself. Isn't it the coaches job to come up with new strategies to help the players overcome their slumps? Interestingly, Counsell said pretty much the same thing when he was asked what he was going to do to get the offense going.

Archived