Brewer Fanatic

Game 2: Lions @ Packers - Sunday, September 20th, Noon

homer
  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're finally finding out that using early timeouts is not a McCarthy issue.

I obviously don't mind giving Rodgers some leeway at the line, but it's becoming common to have 0 or 1 timeouts left late in halves. Rodgers needs to understand that there will be games that it's going to hurt not to have those in our back pocket at the end.

Did people actually think it was? It's been clear for a while that Rodgers dicking around at the line was the reason for like 99% of our timeouts.

I obviously don't mind giving Rodgers some leeway at the line, but it's becoming common to have 0 or 1 timeouts left late in halves. Rodgers needs to understand that there will be games that it's going to hurt not to have those in our back pocket at the end.

My understanding is that this is a schematic feature, in that presnap motion is used on almost every down to misdirect the defense and reveal tendencies. To be sure, if that is the intention, the offense needs to get lined up faster, but I’m open to holding 12 and MLF responsible. Play caller and signal caller are both equal parts of this equation.

Mike Pettine is an absolute joke of a defensive coordinator. I realize there's some areas on defense where the talent should have been upgraded, like on the D-line, but there's more than they demonstrate on the field. This D is a schematic failure.

When they went all-in going into 2019 on improving the defense and brought in the Smiths and went all in on defense for the secondary and gave Amos that big contract, I said it would be a big failure if they didn't end up with a top 7 defense. Somehow, they've gotten even worse.

Archived