Brewer Fanatic

Game 2: Lions @ Packers - Sunday, September 20th, Noon

homer
Will we be able to actually take the lead against the Lions, something that hasn't been done since New Years Eve 2017? The Packers also have not led by more than three points since New Years Day 2017. Do you know that hard that is to do, and against the Lions?

Well did take the lead against them twice last year... just happened to be with 0:00 on the clock both times. Wonder if that has happened before in NFL history?

What is embarrassing is losing 4 straight to them in 17/18 and none of the games were really that close.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
For some reason they are showing Washington and Arizona here in Chicago as a late game on Fox instead of Packers v Lions as the early game single. Makes zero sense.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

For some reason they are showing Washington and Arizona here in Chicago as a late game on Fox instead of Packers v Lions as the early game single. Makes zero sense.

When I lived in Minneapolis I always knew if the packers would be on looking at where/when the Vikings played and which network had the doubleheader. Not sure of the rules anymore but basically if the Vikings are at home no one can be on the opposite channel for a noon game, even if it means you only get 2 games instead of 3 broadcast in the afternoon.

When I lived in Minneapolis I always knew if the packers would be on looking at where/when the Vikings played and which network had the doubleheader. Not sure of the rules anymore but basically if the Vikings are at home no one can be on the opposite channel for a noon game, even if it means you only get 2 games instead of 3 broadcast in the afternoon.

I figured there was some dumb rule associated with it.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Raven Greene is back. Should help against the run assuming he plays a lot.

I don’t have great feeling about this one. Without Clark, the Lions will pound the ball between the tackles. AP gets another 100 yard game against the Packers. I think they still pull it out, but it’s closer than it should be.

Unless detroit turns it over packers aren't stopping them.

Might take 45 to win.

Seeing the run defense offer no resistance is even more depressing.

Said this last week, but I don't know why anyone would expect it to be better. Our run defense was an enormous liability in 2019 and we made no moves to address it.

Seeing the run defense offer no resistance is even more depressing.

It's not like the pass defense offered up any resistance. Stafford was 3-3 for 40 yards.

Couple completions on Jaire, but he had very good coverage. The Hockenson catch and run was emasculating. As per the usual.

Archived