Brewer Fanatic

Game 2: Lions @ Packers - Sunday, September 20th, Noon

homer
Gary had a big game today, he may be passing PSmith soon. Alexander also right on top of Jones on every pass as well. It's not like we have no talent on D.

Gary has looked really good this year. Not sure if he's close to passing Preston Smith yet, but he's definitely justifying his selection...

Now, just get Harrison in here. If you put Clark and Harrison on that DL and if Raven Greene could get(and stay) healthy it feels like this defense could be good enough to give them a chance vs the truly elite teams in the NFL.

I know we haven't exactly played dominant teams, but with Bosa and Thomas likely lost for the rest of the year and several other 49'ers banged up...the Packers really need to fix the issues they have on offense.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our coach has started 16-4 in his first 20 games including 8-0 against the division. That’s pretty damn good.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Gary had a big game today, he may be passing PSmith soon. Alexander also right on top of Jones on every pass as well. It's not like we have no talent on D.

Gary has looked really good this year. Not sure if he's close to passing Preston Smith yet, but he's definitely justifying his selection...

Now, just get Harrison in here. If you put Clark and Harrison on that DL and if Raven Greene could get(and stay) healthy it feels like this defense could be good enough to give them a chance vs the truly elite teams in the NFL.

I know we haven't exactly played dominant teams, but with Bosa and Thomas likely lost for the rest of the year and several other 49'ers banged up...the Packers really need to fix the issues they have on offense.

Harrison has said that the Packers offered him a deal. If he wanted to be a Packer, he'd be a Packer. I'm not sure he even wants to play this season.

With Rodgers off to a good start, it sets up the run game beautifully in these three wr sets where a TE or one of the big wr's serves as a blocker on 6 and 7 man fronts with lots of secondary personnel in the game.

Last year they didn't have that dimension where teams feared getting burned in the passing game if they countered with run d personnel in those formations. This two dimensional offense with rodgers playing well behind an oline off to a great start is refreshing to see.

Harrison has said that the Packers offered him a deal. If he wanted to be a Packer, he'd be a Packer. I'm not sure he even wants to play this season.

It's been reported(presumably by Harrison's team) that the Packers made an offer, but they did not feel it was a "competitive offer."

I think everyone knows it's not as simple as "if he wanted to be a Packer, he'd be a Packer."

It's been reported(presumably by Harrison's team) that the Packers made an offer, but they did not feel it was a "competitive offer."

I think everyone knows it's not as simple as "if he wanted to be a Packer, he'd be a Packer."

"Competitive" is also subjective. I mean, he's not playing anywhere else, either, which tells me that his opinion of his value is higher than the league's opinion of it. But in the end, yeah, it is that simple. If he wanted to be playing football (for the Packers, or likely one of many teams) he'd be playing.

As with last week, here are a few thoughts now that I've had a chance to process yesterday's game a bit:

1)Sternberger obviously needs to catch the ball. He clearly has an ability to get open and find space. If he can catch consistently, he'll become the player we wanted Jimmy Graham to be when we signed him a few years ago.

2)Jones, wow. It's going to be a brutal decision on him for Gute and co. as he hits free agency. It's not a good idea in this current NFL to invest much in a back longer-term, but he's clearly the best all-purpose back we've had since Ahman Green in his prime.

3)MVS continues to make strides. If MVS actually develops into a #2 this year, it makes the lack of attention to WR in the draft a non-issue. Obviously, he was a little banged around yesterday and needs to stay healthy.

4)What more can really be said about the offense? Looks like a fairly well-oiled machine, for which credit has to go to LaFleur and the offensive staff. They looked really rough last year, but a second year in the offensive system has clearly done the offense and Rodgers a world of good.

5)We're all rightly worried about the defense. I thought adjustments were really good yesterday, but when we face a coach that will actually just run the ball against our horrid front (like SF is smart enough to do), we won't be able to stop them. I think we all hoped that Lowry/Lancaster would bounce back, but they're really below-replacement level bodies at this point. I find it hard to believe that a guy like Montravious Adams could be worse in that role. If there's a year to fix a major problem before the trade deadline, I'd be scouring teams like Cleveland or whoever else isn't a legit contender to see if we can flip a second-day pick for a legit end. It really is disappointing that the defensive front has been so disappointing, considering that the secondary has been solid and the pass rush may be very good. I really think an investment along the line may pay big dividends, especially when Clark is back.

6)How good is this o-line? Guys rotating in and out without missing much of a beat. Rodgers wasn't hurried until the second half yesterday. Great pass protection, dominant run blocking. Patrick had a really rough series that cost the Packers a FG, but that and a weak holding call on Bak were the only major blemishes on the entire day.

7)Division wins are always a big deal, even if we don't really know how good or bad the competition may be. I'll pocket a road win vs. Minnesota and any win vs. the Lions every season. We'll really learn about how good this team is over the next few games vs. NO & Atlanta.

"Competitive" is also subjective. I mean, he's not playing anywhere else, either, which tells me that his opinion of his value is higher than the league's opinion of it. But in the end, yeah, it is that simple. If he wanted to be playing football (for the Packers, or likely one of many teams) he'd be playing.

Yeah, it's obviously subjective. I don't pretend to know what they offered or how much he wants to play here.

Do you believe that the case with...Clay for example? He just doesn't want to play for the teams that have asked him? That's pretty flawed IMO. If you don't agree to play for what they initially offer, that means you just don't want to play for that team?

Archived