Brewer Fanatic

Game 2: Lions @ Packers - Sunday, September 20th, Noon

homer
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
D9Twtzq.jpeg
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
D9Twtzq.jpeg
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

D9Twtzq.jpeg

The Lions top three CBs – Jeffrey Okudah, Desmond Trufant and Justin Coleman, are all nursing hamstring injuries and appear as of right now on the wrong side of available this weekend. Coleman was actually placed on IR this morning. Of course Darius Slay is an Eagle now.

If you own Davante Adams in a fantasy football league, you're likely going to want to fire him up again. Along with MVS and Lazard as well. I expect the Lions to be able to move the ball on the Packers, so this one might end up looking like a shootout as well.

The Lions top three CBs – Jeffrey Okudah, Desmond Trufant and Justin Coleman, are all nursing hamstring injuries and appear as of right now on the wrong side of available this weekend. Coleman was actually placed on IR this morning. Of course Darius Slay is an Eagle now.

If you own Davante Adams in a fantasy football league, you're likely going to want to fire him up again. Along with MVS and Lazard as well. I expect the Lions to be able to move the ball on the Packers, so this one might end up looking like a shootout as well.

Since Mason Crosby missed four field goals and an extra point against the Lions on Oct 7, 2018, he has gone 43/47 on field goals and 77/78 on extra points.

Since Mason Crosby missed four field goals and an extra point against the Lions on Oct 7, 2018, he has gone 43/47 on field goals and 77/78 on extra points.

Doesn't sound like Clark is gonna play which means more snaps for Lancaster. Barf.

Not sure in what fantasy league anyone would own Adams and not start him every week. I think it should be an easy win but I want to see the defense against another good (better) QB. The Vikes did a lot of damage in garbage time but I'd like to see the defense lock a good passer down for 60 minutes. They never did that last year and it's the difference between good and great teams.

This is the type of game that, over the past few years, the Packers should win on paper, but for some reason they come out looking flat. I'm hoping that the surprisingly spry offensive performance they had last week carries over, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were some regression there. I think we all should know better than to look past the Lions. Too many crazy things have happened against that team over the years.

This is the type of game that, over the past few years, the Packers should win on paper, but for some reason they come out looking flat. I'm hoping that the surprisingly spry offensive performance they had last week carries over, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were some regression there. I think we all should know better than to look past the Lions. Too many crazy things have happened against that team over the years.

The Lions secondary allowed Trubisky to throw three 4th quarter TD passes, notably after Detroit became further decimated by injuries at corner. They were thin to begin with back there and are looking porous for Sunday.

I'm predicting the Packers continue to roll offensively, and people have another week to complain about the garbage time defensive performance. Detroit should be able to hang in the game because they have a decent offense, but their defensive personnel right now should make for plenty of opportunities for Rodgers to pick on weak links due to injuries and lack of experience.

Packers win by 10+ this week. The juggernaut of Aaron Rodgers and Matt LaFleur are going to put the league on notice early this season.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Lions are gonna most likely be down their #1 receiver, top corner, top slot corner, and starting right tackle. If the Packers lose it will be a bad loss. Don't turn it over, catch the ball, and you'll win.

I predict that Quintez Cephus will have a good game against the Packers, simply because it will lather up both the "Packers shoulda drafted a WR" crowd and the "Packers need to draft all former Badgers" homer crowd.

Cephus looked good in week 1 though he had some drops and one was a big one in the end zone. Though the TD drop he was covered really good by Fuller but still one he should have caught.

I think he will have another good game against the Packers. Peterson should also have a good game against the Packers run defense.

Cephus had a bunch of targets last week. He'd be a good back end of the roster guy for daily fantasy.

Not sure in what fantasy league anyone would own Adams and not start him every week. I think it should be an easy win but I want to see the defense against another good (better) QB. The Vikes did a lot of damage in garbage time but I'd like to see the defense lock a good passer down for 60 minutes. They never did that last year and it's the difference between good and great teams.

I know it was never a one score game...but they weren't really putting up a lot of those yards in garbage time either. Cousins was having his way with us. If that's the result of it being week 1, playing less aggressive, the DB's taking their foot off the gas, I don't know, but I'd definitely be curious to see what Stafford does vs this D.

Galloday is out, but they can still move the ball. And it's definitely the difference between good teams and great teams. SF never gave up big chunk yardage to us. They put their foots on our throats and never let up(until maybe the last 10 minutes of the 120 we played them last year).

I'd like to see them make the big play without the breakdowns. Savage had a particularly bad one last week. He's too talented. But I think it'll start to click for him.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Doesn't sound like Clark is gonna play which means more snaps for Lancaster. Barf.

Groin injury...hope they don't rush him back. For Clark to not come back vs the Vikings suggests it was a pretty bad strain. If they shut him down until after the bye it wouldn't bother me. And maybe...it'd be a little incentive to go out and up the ante with Harrison or the other solid DL available.

Plus, Pettine has used 3-4/4-3 fronts fairly often in Cleveland and in his prior stops. So the Smiths at DE, Keke and Lowry at DT...it's not pretty, but it should be enough to get us off to a 3-1 start. Though I'd guess Clark will be back for NOLA.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

I predict that Quintez Cephus will have a good game against the Packers, simply because it will lather up both the "Packers shoulda drafted a WR" crowd and the "Packers need to draft all former Badgers" homer crowd.

Fun fact, the Green Bay Packers have drafted more Wisconsin Badgers than any other NFL team.

If you restrict the list to the Barry Alvarez era (1991-present), Green Bay is tied for the fourth most Badgers (5) behind New Orleans (8) and the Giants (6) and the Lions (6).

Archived