Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-14, Game 2: Cardinals (Ponce de Leon) at Brewers (Burnes) [Brewers lose, 3-2 in 9 innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Feel bad for Burnes. He's been spotless for a long time and shouldn't have been forced to leave it in the hands of a scrub like Alex Claudio.

He put himself in that position. 100 pitches in less than 5 innings and you’re not going to get the best out of the bullpen to clean up for you.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Feel bad for Burnes. He's been spotless for a long time and shouldn't have been forced to leave it in the hands of a scrub like Alex Claudio.

He put himself in that position. 100 pitches in less than 5 innings and you’re not going to get the best out of the bullpen to clean up for you.

He didn't need them to clean it up. He was one out away from cleaning it up himself as he did in previous innings. 10 Ks and to that point had been scoreless yet again.

You're not going to be super efficient every outing but he was still fantastic and I'll take Burnes every time to get that final out over Alex freaking Claudio.

He didn't need them to clean it up. He was one out away from cleaning it up himself as he did in previous innings. 10 Ks and to that point had been scoreless yet again.

You're not going to be super efficient every outing but he was still fantastic and I'll take Burnes every time to get that final out over Alex freaking Claudio.

Counsell is super strict about not letting his starters get substantially more than 100 pitches. They get to the high 90s, and he gets super fidgety.

I think it would be fun to follow Claudio with Rasmussen or Black. Then Yardley.

Good luck being able to time those pitches.

Black,has got about as much of a chance to pitch in this game as I do

Only chance of it happening is if the Brewers hang a crooked number in the bottom of the 6th.

So yeah, how's your arm?

I’ve seen enough from Nottingham to have him be the RH part of the catching equation next year.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived