Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-14, Game 2: Cardinals (Ponce de Leon) at Brewers (Burnes) [Brewers lose, 3-2 in 9 innings]

Eye Black
Once again, Jed Gyorko = MVP!

I'd be fine bringing this guy back next year!

Good thing one of Stearns lone FA additions that was worthwhile has an option for $4.5mil. Gyorko probably isn’t that magical in the long run, but he certainly seems to look like a solid bat like he was before his struggles of 2019.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I’m on the Bring Gyorko Back train!

It's a no brainer!

Too bad it took our manager so long to figure it out. The fact that Sogard started one single game with Gyorko on the bench is an absolute travesty.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Once again, Jed Gyorko = MVP!

I'd be fine bringing this guy back next year!

Good thing one of Stearns lone FA additions that was worthwhile has an option for $4.5mil. Gyorko probably isn’t that magical in the long run, but he certainly seems to look like a solid bat like he was before his struggles of 2019.

He looks like an absolute star in our lame line-up...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I find myself liking these 7 inning games when it’s a doubleheader. I think it’d be cool if they put these types on Sunday’s and had Monday’s off during the season. Would be a cool wrinkle to the season as well as get me more Sunday baseball.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

One of my favorite things missing this year from 162 game season is the Phantom IL. Most of the lineup would have come up with left second toe contusions, quad tightness, and strained right triceps by now. No luxury of sitting someone for a week, becoming a Timber Rattler for a Day, then coming back with as good a shot as any at not stinking as badly.

Yelich looks completely lost

I wonder if anyone would take a flyer on him & his contract

Give us some prospects & spend that $$$ elsewhere to rebuild the team

It is no longer a slump ... I fear (like Báez) he may struggle to adjust without use of in game video

I don’t believe the Brewers are cheaters (sign stealers) like the Astros or Red Sox ... but that may be my unwillingness to believe “my team” could do such a thing

Are Williams and Hader likely to be available? I know nothing about pitching science to know if a guy can go an inning, shut it down and then do it again just a few hours later.

Can’t say I recall the last time a guy pitched in both games of a doubleheader. Guessing it is a big no no. Fair to assume neither is available. They were both used in game one cause Counsell knew he had Burnes in Game 2...in my opinion.

It is no longer a slump ... I fear (like Báez) he may struggle to adjust without use of in game video

I don’t believe the Brewers are cheaters (sign stealers) like the Astros or Red Sox ... but that may be my unwillingness to believe “my team” could do such a thing

Yelich was probably one of the most valuable trade pieces in MLB when he had 3 years left on a cheap contract. The minute the ink was dry on that deal, he lost considerable trade value.

They're in it for the long haul on Yelich now. Hope he can turn it around, because it's going to be a long road ahead.

Yelich was probably one of the most valuable trade pieces in MLB when he had 3 years left on a cheap contract. The minute the ink was dry on that deal, he lost considerable trade value.

They're in it for the long haul on Yelich now. Hope he can turn it around, because it's going to be a long road ahead.

He's the face of the franchise, and signed a deal to solidify that long term. 150 at bats isn't going to change that. I can't believe that idea is even being brought up.

If he can't it's going to hamstring the franchise for a long time.

Correct. It was either move him on the old deal and reap the hopeful rewards or sign him and hope he’s the franchise player he looked to be before injury and/or use of computer help.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I hope they weren’t in on the cheating. But it is a legitimate issue that hitters can no longer watch their tape between at bats. That has to impact guys who had that discipline. That said, I don’t think that alone explains the loss of production with Yelich.

But... while you say it’s no longer a slump, it really could be. A 6-week slump from a superstar isn’t unheard of. And conditions are so different that you can start to understand why some players have a hard time adjusting.

But Yeli needs to start adjusting. Very quickly.

He's the face of the franchise, and signed a deal to solidify that long term. 150 at bats isn't going to change that. I can't believe that idea is even being brought up.

I'm not worried that he's as bad as he's been in 150 ABs this year -- he's not.

However, there's a reasonable chance that these last two years were the aberration and he's closer to the very good but not elite player that he was in Miami. Age isn't going to help. That alone would be a pretty painful outcome having just given him a lucrative extension.

Archived