Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-14, Game 2: Cardinals (Ponce de Leon) at Brewers (Burnes) [Brewers lose, 3-2 in 9 innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The unwillingness to bunt there with a light hitting player is enough to let you know that this team isn't doing what it takes to win. The odds of this team getting a hit there was just about zero.

Absolutely. You can't manage this team like it's a slugging team anymore, we need to bunt in obvious situations like this, need to steal bases. The three run homer is not coming with this lineup.

The unwillingness to bunt there with a light hitting player is enough to let you know that this team isn't doing what it takes to win. The odds of this team getting a hit there was just about zero.

Absolutely. You can't manage this team like it's a slugging team anymore, we need to bunt in obvious situations like this, need to steal bases. The three run homer is not coming with this lineup.

Why do I keep watching this garbage???

Because we are technically in a playoff race even though we know this team is not good at all

In the race with Yelich and Hiura doing their finest Chris Davis impressions no less. If you told me before the season started that both those guys would be toeing the Mendoza line and be in the top 10 in MLB in Ks, I would have told you this team would be in the running for the top pick in the 2021 draft.

Because we are technically in a playoff race even though we know this team is not good at all

In the race with Yelich and Hiura doing their finest Chris Davis impressions no less. If you told me before the season started that both those guys would be toeing the Mendoza line and be in the top 10 in MLB in Ks, I would have told you this team would be in the running for the top pick in the 2021 draft.

Urias just seems to be powerless. He has good plate discipline and seems to play defense well for the most part but I just see no pop in that bat.

He hit 19 home runs in less than 300 at bats at Triple-A last year. Yes, that was in hitters parks with a Mickey Mouse baseball, but you still don’t do that if you have no pop. His exit velocities have been solid enough to believe he’ll be able to drive the ball at some point. He’s also just turned 23 and is coming off a broken hamate bone which historically saps power in the short-term. I’m not worrying about it right now.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Urias just seems to be powerless. He has good plate discipline and seems to play defense well for the most part but I just see no pop in that bat.

He hit 19 home runs in less than 300 at bats at Triple-A last year. Yes, that was in hitters parks with a Mickey Mouse baseball, but you still don’t do that if you have no pop. His exit velocities have been solid enough to believe he’ll be able to drive the ball at some point. He’s also just turned 23 and is coming off a broken hamate bone which historically saps power in the short-term. I’m not worrying about it right now.

He doesn't necessarily need to be a 20 HR bat to have a important place in the lineup, but that is predicated on other hitters providing the power. That has been iffy this summer.

He doesn't necessarily need to be a 20 HR bat to have a important place in the lineup, but that is predicated on other hitters providing the power. That has been iffy this summer.

Hiura had a ton of swing and miss in his game last year. So it’s not surprising he hasn’t figured out how to consistently beat the adjustments the league made for him. Yelich on the other hand, who knows but he looks lost

Hiura had a ton of swing and miss in his game last year. So it’s not surprising he hasn’t figured out how to consistently beat the adjustments the league made for him. Yelich on the other hand, who knows but he looks lost

Archived