Brewer Fanatic

2020-09-14, Game 2: Cardinals (Ponce de Leon) at Brewers (Burnes) [Brewers lose, 3-2 in 9 innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would be nice to see the bottom of the order come through for once

The bottom of the order has outperformed the top of the order for much of the season thus far.

I guess the entire order besides Gyorko has been pretty bad

You guess? LOL

That idea has been your mantra for weeks.

Yay, extras... again.

In all seriousness, the possibility of stopping the Cardinals and somehow scoring the free runner from 2nd probably significantly increases the Brewers odds of winning this game over a normal season’s regular extra innings.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Not sure if Rasmussen is a multi-inning reliever but I guess we’re about to find out.

He was an All-American starting pitcher in college. Of course, that was two Tommy John surgeries ago.

I’m aware of his prior accomplishments, but like you mentioned just wasn’t sure if they viewed him as a multi-inning guy since the injuries.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Yay, extras... again.

In all seriousness, stopping the Cardinals and somehow scoring the free runner from 2nd probably significantly increases the Brewers odds of winning this game over a normal season’s regular extra innings.

Oh, yeah. The second runner to start the inning probably helps the Brewers more than any other team in baseball as they are extremely unlikely to get multiple hits in an inning (or game for that matter).

Not sure if Rasmussen is a multi-inning reliever but I guess we’re about to find out.

He was an All-American starting pitcher in college. Of course, that was two Tommy John surgeries ago.

I’m aware of his prior accomplishments, but like you mentioned just wasn’t sure if they viewed him as a multi-inning guy since the injuries.

Last year in the minors they regularly started him for 3 inning appearances, so yeah, I think this is probably in his wheelhouse. Unfortunately he's probably on the shelf till Friday now, though.

Archived